Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Segmentata by MC Bishop
I ordered my copy only to find it is ALREADY out of stock and out of print!! So MC Bishop my question is this will it go into another round of publication?<br>
<br>
Will you sell me yours some one? Or will I have to resort to what I did with HR Robinsons book and zerox the thing untill I can find one? <p>Just a filthy guy swingin' a hammer</p><i></i>
Dean Cunningham,

Metalsmith, Father, dilettante
Hey, Mike, you should definitely make sure you hold some copies on reserve for the blacksmiths and armorers of the world. Maybe next edition? I think I've missed out as well.<br>
<br>
Dean, did you try Oxbow Books or David Brown Books (same company basically)?<br>
<br>
Cheers<br>
Jenny <p></p><i></i>
Cheers,
Jenny
Founder, Roman Army Talk and RomanArmy.com

We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best we can find in our travels is an honest friend.
-- Robert Louis Stevenson
And for book 2, I got a notice from Amazon that it is delayed; any idea for how long? <p>Richard Campbell, Legio XX<br>
<br>
</p><i></i>
Richard Campbell
Legio XX - Alexandria, Virginia
RAT member #6?
Yes, I tried Oxbow, they are out. I'll call tomorrow and beg them to go look on thier shelf. Hey, it worked with the Peabody for thier Early European Helmets book, it's worth a try. <p>Just a filthy guy swingin' a hammer</p><i></i>
Dean Cunningham,

Volume 1 is out of print and will be reprinting later this year. I have just come back from collecting Volume 2 from the printers and delivering it to Oxbow. Those who subscribed by sending *me* money will have their copies mailed tomorrow; UK Oxbow copies will go out soon (I don't know when, that's up to them), but bear in mind that North American copies will have to be shipped to DBB first.<br>
<br>
Photocopying large chunks of it without my permission will probably involve groups of black-glad guys with stun grenades blasting in your home, beating up your pet cat, and dragging you off to a remote part of Cuba to be placed in front of a copyright 'tribunal'- hey, *I* didn't invent the DMCA ;-)<br>
<br>
Mike Bishop <p></p><i></i>
You know my method. It is founded upon the observance of trifles

Blogging, tweeting, and mapping Hadrian\'s Wall... because it\'s there
<br>
<br>
Note to self: Don't f$*k with MC Bishop... <p>Magnus/Matt<br>
Legio XXX "Ulpia Victrix" Coh I<br>
<br>
"Nothing happens to any man, which he is not formed by nature to bear."<br>
<br>
- Marcus Aurelius<br>
<br>
- Number of posts: current +1248</p><i></i>
Cool I get to go back to Cuba! I loved it there!<br>
<br>
I only copy things I know I will never get. I don't sell them I simply use them as a reference. Like my Robinson when one is available I buy it. I'm not interested in ripping any one off but damn you had like a 6 book print of this and I must have been number 7 on the list to buy it? <p>Just a filthy guy swingin' a hammer</p><i>Edited by: <A HREF=http://pub45.ezboard.com/bromanarmytalk.showUserPublicProfile?gid=deancunninghammetalsmith@romanarmytalk>Dean Cunningham Metalsmith</A> at: 7/12/03 6:17 am<br></i>
Dean Cunningham,

Will this book be reprinted? <p>Just a filthy guy swingin' a hammer</p><i></i>
Dean Cunningham,

<em>Will this book be reprinted? </em><br>
<br>
That would certainly be one interpretation of the phrase (see above)<br>
<br>
<em>Volume 1 is out of print and will be reprinting later this year</em><br>
<br>
If I don't reprint it Oxbow will probably lynch me ;-)<br>
<br>
Mike Bishop <p></p><i></i>

I guess through my tears I didn't read that right. I'll call Oxbow and put one on preorder. You're my hero<br>
I have volume two on preorder so I won't miss this one.<br>
<br>
Dean Cunningham<br>
<p>Just a filthy guy swingin' a hammer</p><i></i>
Dean Cunningham,

Speaking of Oxbow/David Brown, they say they're hoping for a shipment of Volume 2 by the '<strong>end of August</strong>' ..Can the publishers speed that shipment up to them?? <p>Legio XX<br>
Fortius Conamur<br>
<br>
</p><i></i>
Richard Campbell
RAT member #6?
"Preorder"? Hah! If you were REALLY serious about getting these books, you would have submitted your name as a subscriber directly through the Armatura website. That's what I did, and I got my copy of Volume 2 several weeks ago--and I'm loving it! Even has my name in the hallowed list at the back.<br>
<br>
Nyah, nyah! (Hee hee!) Valete,<br>
<br>
Matthew/Quintus, The Smug One <p></p><i></i>
Matthew Amt (Quintus)
Legio XX, USA
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.larp.com/legioxx/">http://www.larp.com/legioxx/
<em>Can the publishers speed that shipment up to them??</em><br>
<br>
It is shipped from Oxbow to David Brown Books; the publisher's only part is to navigate the horrendous one-way system in Oxford to deliver the books in the first place (entering the shop with eyes closed tight and hands outstretched in order to avoid the temptation to buy anything...).<br>
<br>
<em>Hah! If you were REALLY serious about getting these books, you would have submitted your name as a subscriber directly through the Armatura website.</em><br>
<br>
I promise you I don't pay this man to say these things... ;-)<br>
<br>
Mike Bishop<br>
Head teaboy, The Armatura Press <p></p><i></i>

Aha, I see that the trick is to ship a pound of Earl Grey to Armatura to ensure my delivery. Or maybe Yorkshire Gold; you name it! <p>Legio XX<br>
Fortius Conamur<br>
<br>
</p><i></i>
Richard Campbell
RAT member #6?