Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
On Hannibal\'s Trail
Three Australian brothers, one of whom is an archaeologist, have cycled the route taken by Hannibal on his journey from Iberia to Italy, making a TV documentary series as they went. It's in 6 parts, each of half an hour, and can be watched on BBC iPlayer. I've just watched the first, and can't wait to watch the rest. It's lighthearted, but spot on with its history, and gives something of the feel of the epic journey. Have a look here:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b0 ... _the_Road/
Ben Kane, bestselling author of the Eagles of Rome, Spartacus and Hannibal novels.

Eagles in the Storm released in UK on March 23, 2017.
Aguilas en la tormenta saldra en 2017.

www.benkane.net
Twitter: @benkaneauthor
Facebook: facebook.com/benkanebooks
Nice! I will watch this a.s.a.p. Big Grin
Craig Bellofatto

Going to college for Massage Therapy. So reading alot of Latin TerminologyWink

It is like a finger pointing to the moon. DON\'T concentrate on the finger or you miss all the heavenly glory before you!-Bruce Lee

Train easy; the fight is hard. Train hard; the fight is easy.- Thai Proverb
Cool thanks for the link 8)
Hannibal ad portas ! Dave Bartlett . " War produces many stories of fiction , some of which are told until they are believed to be true." U S Grant
Blast!!.....it appears to be available only in the U.K....... :evil: :evil:
"dulce et decorum est pro patria mori " - Horace
(It is a sweet and proper thing to die for ones country)

"No son-of-a-bitch ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country" - George C Scott as General George S. Patton
Paul McDonnell-Staff
Quote:Blast!!.....it appears to be available only in the U.K....... :evil: :evil:

That's a bit ironic for you!! :roll:

Thank you for the link.
Moi Watson

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, Merlot in one hand, Cigar in the other; body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming "WOO HOO, what a ride!
Quote:Blast!!.....it appears to be available only in the U.K....... :evil: :evil:

It looks like the BBC has put up at least one teaser on YouTube, so those of us who live elsewhere can see some of it. The Wood Brothers also have a blog.

It looks like a pretty cool idea! I've wondered if anyone has tried to follow Odysseus' journey.
David J. Cord
www.davidcord.com
Quote:It looks like a pretty cool idea! I've wondered if anyone has tried to follow Odysseus' journey.

I always wanted to. I know someone followed the suspected trail of Jason and the Argonauts. There was a documentary about it.
Craig Bellofatto

Going to college for Massage Therapy. So reading alot of Latin TerminologyWink

It is like a finger pointing to the moon. DON\'T concentrate on the finger or you miss all the heavenly glory before you!-Bruce Lee

Train easy; the fight is hard. Train hard; the fight is easy.- Thai Proverb
Did any of you guys (in the UK) watch this?
Unfortunately, the BBC has no current plans to release the series on DVD, but you can email them to request that they do if you want. (The more who do it, the more likely it is. This method can work by the way.)
Send your email to: [email protected]

I've been lucky enough to blag a set of DVDs of the series from Ben Wood, after I emailed him and thanked him and his brothers for the series. 8)
Ben Kane, bestselling author of the Eagles of Rome, Spartacus and Hannibal novels.

www.benkane.net
Great news: the series is now available to download.

A shame that it's not for sale, given the effort that the three guys made in cycling all that way, but there you go...

www.benkane.net
Plus - on their website you can vote on what their next bike ride should be. One of the proposed routes is to follow Alexander's path! Go and vote!

www.benkane.net