Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
You guys are great!
Guys, I just wanted to compliment you all on your wonderful impressions and say how much I admire you all.

I do American history reenacting (mostly American Civil War) and would consider myself part of the "hardcore" movement i.e. we do it as well as we can with hand stitched clothing and sleep on the ground in the cold, etc. I'm sure in your hobby there is also the distinction between "hardcores" and mainstream types.

Reading your threads and posts really puts things in perspective for me because I often find myself griping about not having enough information about equipment and uniforms of an event that happened only 150 years ago...and that we have thousands of photographs of, hah! Heck, some of my kit and even my weapon are original...so next time I or some of my companions complain I will just think of you guys! Did I read it right that you all aren't even sure what side they carried their sword on?

We can base our impressions on photographs mostly, although there is only one photograph in existence of Confederates actually in the field in combat gear* and it's pretty blurry, so for those of us who do Confederate it can be difficult. I see that most of your impressions are based upon a couple of columns that still survive. Incredible!

Nevertheless, the research and dedication that you guys have to put into your impressions just amazes me.

I salute you!

- Ryan

*for those interested
http://img3.imageshack.us/img3/1378/rebs.jpg