Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
IRM2011 - International Reenactors Market Germany
April 2nd-3rd, 2011 - IRM2011 Internationale Reenactmentmesse
- First International Reenactmentmarket / Reenactors Market in Germany -
Archaeological Park Roman Villa Borg, Perl-Borg, Germany (close to the French and Luxemburg border)

I am very happy to announce the first IRM to be held in the beautiful Roman Villa Borg, a small museum and archaeological park located in the far Western corner of Germany, just beyond the French and Luxemburg border.

Right now we are looking for traders and craftsmen. Application for participation is open until March, 1rst.

For details please refer to the IRM-website www.reenactmentmesse.de.
Best regards,
fwg1 alias Frank alias QVINTVS.

PS: Please excuse my bad English, I seem to lack practise... :wink:
---------------
All the best,
Frank.
Hi Frank
Would magazines be welcome too? Might be interested!
Greets!

Jasper Oorthuys
Webmaster & Editor, Ancient Warfare magazine
If that's bad English you want to see my German!!

Great initiative!
Moi Watson

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, Merlot in one hand, Cigar in the other; body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming "WOO HOO, what a ride!
Quote:Hi Frank
Would magazines be welcome too? Might be interested!

Hello Jasper,

why not?
Hope to meet you there!

Best regards,
Frank.
---------------
All the best,
Frank.
Frank,
Can you just let me know the costs of a stand there plus which is the nearest international airport? (I would put the text through Babelfish to translate but I'd most probably just end up with something along the lines of 'The herring of your father is the bureau of your uncle', or something like that).Wink

Lawrence
Lawrence Payne

Asking me to tile your bathroom is like asking Vermeer to creosote your shed ;-)
[url:2kdj7ztq]http://www.romanmosaicworkshops.co.uk[/url]
www.romanmosaicworkshops.co.uk
www.romanmosaicpatterns.com
Quote:Frank,
Can you just let me know the costs of a stand there plus which is the nearest international airport? (I would put the text through Babelfish to translate but I'd most probably just end up with something along the lines of 'The herring of your father is the bureau of your uncle', or something like that).Wink

Hi Lawrence,

have you ever tried to 'bablefishing' a text from English to another language once and 'bablefishig' this translation back to English? You can keep parties entertained by this... :lol:

Ok, I try to be serious now: The nearest international airport is the Luxemburg airport which is about 20 km away from the Roman Villa Borg. There is also the Saarbruecken airport, but the distance is about 75 km. Unfortunately the public tranport situation in this region is not too good on the weekends, so it might be not a good idea to rely on public buses. Confusedad:

The costs for a stand on the IRM depend whether you like it to be located in one of the rooms (4-5 Euros per metre length; entry hall and large hall are full by now) or if you like to have a stand or erect a tent outside (3 Euros per metre). We can provide tables and chairs.

We can offer some very basic overnight camping accomodations, but we have also listed some links to hotels on the IRM-website (www.reenactmentmesse.de).

I´m very sorry, that not all of the content of the IRM-website is translated yet. I work on this ... I promise (but I´m quite occupied with my work right now...). But if you have any questions please don´t hesitate to ask me here or send an eMail to the adress on the website.

Best regards,
Frank.
---------------
All the best,
Frank.
The IRM appliction forms are now available in English, too. (I've very likely added some nice mistakes, just for your delightment...)
http://www.reenactmentmesse.de/p_anmeldung_en.htm

BTW:
Just to avoid some misunderstandings: Of course visitors don't need to apply.
---------------
All the best,
Frank.
Thanks for that, I'm not sure I can arrange things in time to get there this year which it a pity as I'd like to see the villa.
If it is a yearly thing can you let me know when the dates for the next one are arranged?
Cheers
Lawrence Payne

Asking me to tile your bathroom is like asking Vermeer to creosote your shed ;-)
[url:2kdj7ztq]http://www.romanmosaicworkshops.co.uk[/url]
www.romanmosaicworkshops.co.uk
www.romanmosaicpatterns.com
Quote:Thanks for that, I'm not sure I can arrange things in time to get there this year which it a pity as I'd like to see the villa.
If it is a yearly thing can you let me know when the dates for the next one are arranged?
Cheers

We are planning to establish the IRM on an annual basis, probably employing the first weekend of April to ensure a date wich does not interfere with local museum's events. On the IRM2012 some things will change compared to this year's event, for sure. For example this year we concentrate on the early epochs. Since we were already asked a lot to show younger epochs, too, we are thinking about changing or expanding the time span covered by next year's IRM.

Anyway, that's all about the future. But first of all, we have to run this year's IRM2011. So let's concentrate on that. Wink
---------------
All the best,
Frank.
Hello,

I´d like to point out two things:

1. The deadline for applying for participation in the IRM2011 (traders, craftsmen ...) ends on March 1rst.

2. Please use one of the two application forms (PDF/DOC) which can be downloaded on this section of our website: www.reenactmentmesse.de/p_anmeldung_en.htm

Thanx!

Bye,
fwg.
---------------
All the best,
Frank.
For informations concerning the IRM2012, please refer to http://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat.html?fu...&id=303581
---------------
All the best,
Frank.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  4th Antiquity Reenactors International Meeting Ultilatie 0 921 06-09-2012, 06:17 PM
Last Post: Ultilatie
  IRM2012 - International Reenactment Market Germany fwg 10 3,261 04-10-2012, 09:48 PM
Last Post: fwg