Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Different Osprey editions: Legionnary #2?
Apparently not only does Amazon.co.uk offer editions of Osprey books with different covers (see below)<br>
<br>
www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obi...03-2361232<br>
<br>
They even release the 2nd versions before Osprey announces them:<br>
Imperial Roman Legionary (2): AD 161-244 (Warrior)<br>
www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obi...03-2361232<br>
<br>
unless this is a reprint? It is marked with a 2. <p>Richard Campbell, Legio XX<br>
<br>
</p><i></i>
Richard Campbell
Legio XX - Alexandria, Virginia
RAT member #6?
Hi,<br>
<br>
Something fishy about these ... those cover illustrations are not McBride ?<br>
<br>
Conal <p></p><i></i>
Hi,<br>
<br>
the dates are different to the R Cowan / A McBride book "Roman Legionary" 58 BC to AD69 ???<br>
<br>
These are " Imperial Roman Legionary " 31 BC to AD43 and AD161 to 244.<br>
<br>
Is there som esignificance to these dates ?<br>
<br>
Conal<br>
<br>
<br>
<p></p><i></i>
58 BC to AD69 : Caesar to Nero<br>
<br>
31 BC to AD43 : Octavian(battle of Actium) to Tiberius/ (conquest of Britain)<br>
AD161 to 244 : Marcus Aurelius to Gordian III <p></p><i></i>
gr,
Jeroen Pelgrom
Rules for Posting

I would rather have fire storms of atmospheres than this cruel descent from a thousand years of dreams.
Hey Jeroen!<br>
We can see that you've made good use of that website on regnal chronologies you've commended on another thread!<br>
<br>
Aitor <p></p><i></i>
It\'s all an accident, an accident of hands. Mine, others, all without mind, from one extreme to another, but neither works nor will ever.

Rolf Steiner
<br>
<br>
Must admit that i really was looking for a list of the kings of Tibet. I´m really amazed by the info on that site (were on earth do you find a list of the kings of ASSAW or KONTA. I don´t even know were those countries were, let along heard from them. <p></p><i>Edited by: <A HREF=http://pub45.ezboard.com/bromanarmytalk.showUserPublicProfile?gid=pelgr003>pelgr003</A> at: 7/18/03 7:59 am<br></i>
gr,
Jeroen Pelgrom
Rules for Posting

I would rather have fire storms of atmospheres than this cruel descent from a thousand years of dreams.
Hi,<br>
<br>
Where's the book on AD69 to 160 ?<br>
<br>
I have Warrior 71 .... whats going on ?<br>
<br>
Conal <p></p><i></i>
Seems to be confusion at Amazon.UK, but there is going to be a 2nd book!<br>
<br>
<br>
Dear Richard Campbell<br>
<br>
There does seem to be some confusion on the amazon.co.uk website concerning our Roman warrior titles.<br>
<br>
We are currently trying to contact amazon to request that they update their information.<br>
<br>
The title you referred to Imperial Roman Legionary AD 161-244(Warrior 72)is not published until December 2003 and has been incorrectly listed by amazon as being available in July 2003.<br>
<br>
Amazon.co.uk has also incorrectly listed the title Imperial Roman Legionary: 31 BC - AD 43 (Warrior) on their site. This title was cancelled and was replaced by Roman Legionary 58 BC- AD 69(Warrior 71).<br>
<br>
www.ospreypublishing.com/...itle=S6003<br>
<br>
Our apologies for any inconvenience this may have caused you.<br>
<br>
Regards<br>
<br>
Daniel <p>Legio XX<br>
Fortius Conamur<br>
<br>
</p><i></i>
Richard Campbell
Legio XX - Alexandria, Virginia
RAT member #6?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  La femme romaine au début de l\'Empire (Errance editions) Dagann 1 964 02-19-2007, 12:58 PM
Last Post: richsc
  Books about the 2nd et third century roman legionnary. Dagann 23 4,180 12-14-2005, 11:38 AM
Last Post: aitor iriarte