Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rome and the Enemy: Imperial Strategy in the Principate
Hello,<br>
I was wondering if anyone could give a review of this book by Susan P. Mattern. Just wondering if it was worth buying.<br>
thanks,<br>
Jeff <p></p><i></i>
Salve,<br>
<br>
Here is a link to a review of the book. In my opinion it is a good book that is well worth the money.<br>
<br>
Regards,<br>
<br>
Sander van Dorst <p></p><i></i>
I did end up buying it since I'd read parts of it in visits to the books store. I'm in the middle of it now. It does offer a unique view into how Romans viewed strategy and formulated policy. <p></p><i></i>
I have Susan Matterns book and found it to be one of the best in its topic. Mattern is also a babe acording to her jacket photo. What more can you ask for looks, brains, and can discuss the Roman Empire.... All she need more is to own a bar...<br>
<br>
Gaius Aquilius,<br>
who would date Susan even without the bar <p></p><i></i>
Gaius:<br>
Does Kathy know you're posting this stuff? <p></p><i></i>
John,<br>
I cant help it. I was born straight! I know it's not right, and not Politicaly Correct, but my orientation is towards women!<br>
<br>
Actually Kathy has a sense of humor and doesn't take me too seriously. I asked her if she wanted to reply to this, but she said she would rather go get ice cream.<br>
<br>
Besides, she voted for Bill Clinton. Twice.<br>
<br>
Gaius<br>
Who when Kathy read this response corrected my spelling. <p></p><i>Edited by: <A HREF=http://pub45.ezboard.com/bromanarmytalk.showUserPublicProfile?gid=gaiusdeciusaquilius@romanarmytalk>Gaius Decius Aquilius</A> at: 6/18/03 1:06 am<br></i>
Very interesting book. Get it. Definitely better than Luttwak's "Grand Strategy of the Roman Empire". <p></p><i></i>

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Article Needed “Female Gladiators in Imperial Rome Medusa Gladiatrix 3 1,648 01-05-2014, 11:49 AM
Last Post: Medusa Gladiatrix
  Hannibal: Enemy of Rome trailer ParthianBow 6 2,478 06-16-2011, 03:14 PM
Last Post: ParthianBow
  Belgian soldiers in Rome during the Imperial period bisdent 0 1,260 01-13-2011, 01:22 PM
Last Post: bisdent