Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Most Iconic Image in Suffolk (UK)...Cradle of Filth!
Totally irrelevant but this made me laugh... :wink:

[url:2uwmcv55]http://uk.news.launch.yahoo.com/dyna/article.html?a=/110105/340/j00fr.html&e=l_news_dm[/url]

But the meanines have left them out of the final judgement!! Confusedhock:
Moi Watson

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, Merlot in one hand, Cigar in the other; body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming "WOO HOO, what a ride!
I would've thought the Beatles walking across Abbey Road was an all-time winner. :?
Craig Bellofatto

Going to college for Massage Therapy. So reading alot of Latin TerminologyWink

It is like a finger pointing to the moon. DON\'T concentrate on the finger or you miss all the heavenly glory before you!-Bruce Lee

Train easy; the fight is hard. Train hard; the fight is easy.- Thai Proverb
Quote:I would've thought the Beatles walking across Abbey Road was an all-time winner. :?

Ah...but Abbey Road isn't in Suffolk!
Moi Watson

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, Merlot in one hand, Cigar in the other; body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming "WOO HOO, what a ride!
Okay... I concede that point. My geography knowledge of places I have never been(except for Middle Earth :lol: ) isn't what I would like it to be.
Craig Bellofatto

It is like a finger pointing to the moon. DON\'T concentrate on the finger or you miss all the heavenly glory before you!-Bruce Lee

Isn't Sutton Hoo in Suffolk?
I guess this simply isn't "iconic" enough:
[Image: 4570737122_a41727249d.jpg]
Clearly not a patch on Broomhill Swimming Pool:
[Image: 3887216082_01faf1385b.jpg]
:roll:
posted by Duncan B Campbell
https://ninth-legion.blogspot.com/
Sutton Hoo was in Suffolk?! You have my vote!!!
Craig Bellofatto

I'll stick with Cradle of Filth!! :wink:

Although Sutton Hoo didn't even get a mention, did it?
Moi Watson

Quote:Although Sutton Hoo didn't even get a mention, did it?

[url:i9hyorag]http://www.suffolkicons.com[/url]
"Medicus" Matt Bunker

[size=150:1m4mc8o1]WURSTWASSER![/size]
At least the Sutton Hoo helmet made it to the Final 20! Smile
Craig Bellofatto

Quote:At least the Sutton Hoo helmet made it to the Final 20! Smile
Whaaaat? And no Broomhill Swimming Pool?! Confusedhock:
Quote:Whaaaat? And no Broomhill Swimming Pool?! Confusedhock:

I live in Florida swimming pools are common for a regular house(though I have never had one myself). I prefer Beaches; though most of the year weather permits outdoor swimming. Tongue D

Is there something special that I am missing about that particular pool?
Craig Bellofatto

Erm...possibly not missing anything at all, but as the weather is far from inclement in this particular outpost of the Roman Empire, outdoor swimming pools were (are) a bit of a novelty as the weather is only good enough to use them once ot twice a year LOL - unless they have excellent hyoocausts of course :wink:

Perhaps it was unique in that it was outdoor and NOT heated? Big Grin I don't know. Pretty damned boring to me.
Moi Watson

Quote:Is there something special that I am missing about that particular pool?
Quote:The group, whose lead singer Dani Filth is from the area, triumphed with 13,025 votes - more than six times as many as the Broomhill swimming pool in Ipswich, which came second.
The swimming pool beat Constable, Sutton Hoo, stately homes and castles ..?! :? Go figure, as our American friends say.
Much as I like Cradle of Filth, although formed in Suffolk, I think now they are actually based in Colchester - Essex, not Suffolk!
Dani and I go to the same tattooist! :twisted:

More iconic I think was their early T Shirt design (which can be seen on their WIKI entry page ) It upset a few people to say the least!

Adnams brewery at Southwold gets my vote!
Quote:Adnams brewery at Southwold gets my vote!

Prefer St Peter's in Bungay. Their Honey Porter is a thing of wonder.
"Medicus" Matt Bunker

[size=150:1m4mc8o1]WURSTWASSER![/size]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  filth on our web site PhilusEstilius 2 913 03-18-2014, 10:43 AM
Last Post: Flavivs Aetivs