Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
sending euros from the USA
I need to send 77 euros to Germany. I can't find anyone here in Portland to do it for less than $40. This seems like a bit much to pay to do a wire transfer or get a money order. Any suggestions? <p>Just a filthy guy swingin' a hammer</p><i></i>
Dean Cunningham,

Metalsmith, Father, dilettante
Well, if you're trying to buy something and the seller is agreeable, try using [url=http://www.paypal.com" target="top]Paypal[/url]- that's what many people on eBay use to pay for their auctions- especially international transactions. I have used it without any problems and the fees are very reasonable (sure as hell beats $40!). All you need is a bank account.<br>
<p></p><i></i>
they don't accept pay pal. Thanks. <p>Just a filthy guy swingin' a hammer</p><i></i>
Dean Cunningham,

Rich sent me a cheque awhile ago. Don't know how much it cost him, it costs the receiver something like 10 euros. In all, it might be cheaper. <p>Greets<br>
<br>
Jasper</p><i></i>
Greets!

Jasper Oorthuys
Webmaster & Editor, Ancient Warfare magazine
I had to go use my account at the World Bank credit union; and the check was through Thomas Cook. I even think it had to be in Dutch euros or something like that. The fee was not as steep; 10 euros as I remember.<br>
<br>
<p>Legio XX<br>
Fortius Conamur<br>
<br>
</p><i></i>
Richard Campbell
Legio XX - Alexandria, Virginia
RAT member #6?
I'll check Thomas Cook again. the cheapest I've found is $20 so far and I think I'll just do it. This has been a pain in the ass! When is the world currency coming? <p>Just a filthy guy swingin' a hammer</p><i></i>
Dean Cunningham,

"When is the world currency coming? "<br>
<br>
When everyone gives in and just accepts the US dollar...heh heh... <p></p><i></i>
Or the EC euro... Why not?<br>
<br>
<br>
Aitor<br>
<br>
P.S. The euro is not only Dutch currency but of most of the European Community, guys! <p></p><i></i>
It\'s all an accident, an accident of hands. Mine, others, all without mind, from one extreme to another, but neither works nor will ever.

Rolf Steiner
but remember that we accept here only Dutch euro's, not other european euro's.<br>
<br>
<p></p><i>Edited by: <A HREF=http://pub45.ezboard.com/bromanarmytalk.showUserPublicProfile?gid=pelgr003>pelgr003</A> at: 8/6/03 2:43 pm<br></i>
gr,
Jeroen Pelgrom
Rules for Posting

I would rather have fire storms of atmospheres than this cruel descent from a thousand years of dreams.
Exactly. Somehow, people think that Italian euroes are worth less than Dutch euros.<br>
I'm not kidding!<br>
No offence, my Italian friends, but somehow, the constant devaluation of the old lira seems to have stuck in our minds...<br>
<br>
Valete,<br>
Valerius/Robert <p></p><i></i>
Robert Vermaat
FECTIO Late Romans
THE CAUSE OF WAR MUST BE JUST
(Maurikios-Strategikon, book VIII.2: Maxim 12)
It seems as if many people should be grazing the grass (I haven't mentioned anything on smoking it !) they tread!<br>
<br>
Aitor <p></p><i></i>
It\'s all an accident, an accident of hands. Mine, others, all without mind, from one extreme to another, but neither works nor will ever.

Rolf Steiner
Why Aitor, are they cows? <p></p><i></i>
Robert Vermaat
FECTIO Late Romans
THE CAUSE OF WAR MUST BE JUST
(Maurikios-Strategikon, book VIII.2: Maxim 12)
Now I remember; the banks in Holland want checks written on Dutch banks, otherwise they charge fees, no matter if they are in euros or dollars. I think Thomas Cook has arrangements with a Dutch bank, and most of the banks in Europe, so they are supposed to keep the fees down. <p>Legio XX<br>
Fortius Conamur<br>
<br>
</p><i></i>
Richard Campbell
Legio XX - Alexandria, Virginia
RAT member #6?
Robert, maybe cows are actually smarter than some two-legged animals!<br>
<br>
Aitor<br>
<br>
P.S. Of course I'm not referring to anybody here <p></p><i></i>

Rolf Steiner

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Sending a PM Arturus Uriconium 4 1,043 01-07-2009, 08:47 AM
Last Post: Arturus Uriconium