Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Arrian - Ars Tactica
One need only consult the TLG
Paralus|Michael Park

Ἐπὶ τοὺς πατέρας, ὦ κακαὶ κεφαλαί, τοὺς μετὰ Φιλίππου καὶ Ἀλεξάνδρου τὰ ὅλα κατειργασμένους

Wicked men, you are sinning against your fathers, who conquered the whole world under Philip and Alexander!

Academia.edu
Quote:One need only consult the TLG
If you are lucky enough to have a subscription. :wink:
posted by Duncan B Campbell
https://ninth-legion.blogspot.com/
Quote:One need only consult the TLG

<<gulp>> That's a subscription and a half!! Think I'll stick to L&S thanks! And it is more fun doing it myself. :wink:
Moi Watson

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, Merlot in one hand, Cigar in the other; body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming "WOO HOO, what a ride!
Quote:
Paralus:38fpxmla Wrote:One need only consult the TLG
If you are lucky enough to have a subscription. :wink:
Quote:
Paralus:38fpxmla Wrote:One need only consult the TLG

<<gulp>> That's a subscription and a half!! Think I'll stick to L&S thanks! And it is more fun doing it myself. :wink:

One should never let one's "library rights" from student days lapse...

Merry Christmas all.
Paralus|Michael Park

Ἐπὶ τοὺς πατέρας, ὦ κακαὶ κεφαλαί, τοὺς μετὰ Φιλίππου καὶ Ἀλεξάνδρου τὰ ὅλα κατειργασμένους

Wicked men, you are sinning against your fathers, who conquered the whole world under Philip and Alexander!

Academia.edu
Quote:One should never let one's "library rights" from student days lapse...
If only ..!

Quote:Merry Christmas all.
And to all a good night. Smile
posted by Duncan B Campbell
https://ninth-legion.blogspot.com/
Aha! Found my L&S dictionary...it was in the box upon which rests the Christmas tree...typical. :roll:

And since I am now in disgrace for disturbing said tree (although I've put everything back and the lights still work...ish) I can get on with trying to translate these various bits and pieces. Big Grin

See you next year :wink:
Moi Watson

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, Merlot in one hand, Cigar in the other; body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming "WOO HOO, what a ride!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Dennis\' translation of Tactica Macedon 2 1,276 11-03-2013, 11:07 PM
Last Post: Macedon