Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Captain of Rome by John Stack
From the Masters of the Sea Series, I don't know if this has been discussed before?

There is another book mentioned, Ship of Rome, which I am guessing is the first in the series.

The story centers on the Greek Captain of a Trireme in the Newly formed Classis Romanorum
Set in the Punic War, it fi=ollows theexperience of Atticus as captain of the Aquila, and is a fairly good book,
if you can over look a few inaccuracies and enjoy the story.

Anyone have any comments on this or the previous book, ([size=85:3ifyc6ws]which I will need to go get now.... :oops: [/size])
Visne partem mei capere? Comminus agamus! * Me semper rogo, Quid faceret Iulius Caesar? * Confidence is a good thing! Overconfidence is too much of a good thing.
[b]Legio XIIII GMV. (Q. Magivs)RMRS Remember Atuatuca! Vengence will be ours!
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel
Ooh...not seen this one yet. Will have to look out for it.

Dare one ask what sort of inaccuracies there are??
Moi Watson

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, Merlot in one hand, Cigar in the other; body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming "WOO HOO, what a ride!
Just the odd little things, and a few chronological discrepancies wit hthe major characters,(which he admits to).
i would have to go back and readthe beginning again to give you a detailed report... Smile oops:
Visne partem mei capere? Comminus agamus! * Me semper rogo, Quid faceret Iulius Caesar? * Confidence is a good thing! Overconfidence is too much of a good thing.
[b]Legio XIIII GMV. (Q. Magivs)RMRS Remember Atuatuca! Vengence will be ours!
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel