Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
JRMES Vol 16
[url:2hyzmler]http://bartoszkontny.pradzieje.pl/strony_pl/reconstruction_of.pdf[/url]

This would seem to indicate that Vol 16 (and ARMA) is pretty much up and running? Have I missed an announcement somewhere?
"Medicus" Matt Bunker

[size=150:1m4mc8o1]WURSTWASSER![/size]
don't know, but wouldn't mind reading the part on the Intercisa III helmets. Doesn't appear to be in the PDF file above.
Markus Aurelius Montanvs
What we do in life Echoes in Eternity

Roman Artifacts
[Image: websitepic.jpg]
Quote:This would seem to indicate that Vol 16 (and ARMA) is pretty much up and running? Have I missed an announcement somewhere?
According to the pdf, it was published in 2008?
Robert Vermaat
FECTIO Late Romans
THE CAUSE OF WAR MUST BE JUST
(Maurikios-Strategikon, book VIII.2: Maxim 12)
Anyone else having trouble downloading this?

I also noted the 2008 date...
Moi Watson

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, Merlot in one hand, Cigar in the other; body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming "WOO HOO, what a ride!
link from old RAT
ALA I BATAVORUM
Well, it certainly looks like a pukka version of JRMES, Vol.16 - but where are Vols 14 & 15 in that case? The link takes you to a pdf file, but this is clearly incomplete, as it stops at Page 145. I wonder if Mike B knows about this? Is it some sort of pirated version, perhaps?

Caratacus
(Mike Thomas)
visne scire quod credam? credo orbes volantes exstare.
Since the author's name is in the URL of the link, I wouldn't look at it as anything malicious, perhaps just a way for him to get his work to a wider audience, and the cover page does state that the copyrights are held by the individual authors. I don't know if this is neccessarily a correct assumption, but I don't think that it's pirated.

Does look like an interesting read, however.

Adam
Adam Oswalt

[url:30lkyohr]http://www.harja150ad.livejournal.com[/url]
Has anyone been able to solve this mystery? I note that the volume has no ISBN or ISSN and does not say where it can be ordered. It is possibly a proof copy at best. I hope that Mike Bishop can comment upon this.
Michael King Macdona

And do as adversaries do in law, -
Strive mightily, but eat and drink as friends.
(The Taming of the Shrew: Act 1, Scene 2)
Quote:Has anyone been able to solve this mystery? I note that the volume has no ISBN or ISSN and does not say where it can be ordered. It is possibly a proof copy at best. I hope that Mike Bishop can comment upon this.

A privately distributed version of 16 was made available for contributors for them to extract offprints for private circulation and it was not intended for worldwide broadcast through the interweb tubes. A printed version of 16 will follow 14/15 when it comes out. Journal of Archaeological Science did exactly the same for me when my Google Earth paper came out but that was plastered with warnings not to post it online, so I just email 'em out to the sort of sad people who collect offprints (no names, no pack drill). JRMES is a little more tactful and assumes some decorum on the part of contributors :-)

Mike Bishop
You know my method. It is founded upon the observance of trifles

Blogging, tweeting, and mapping Hadrian\'s Wall... because it\'s there