Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tweak my T&Y (linothorax/spolas) pattern, ca 500bc
Yes,i mean that about the shoulder flaps. Keeping the overal width of the shoulder pice just under the neck, you should decrease the width of the shoulder flaps so that it is not tappered but even,to the same width as they are near the tieing point. Keeping the width of the neck guard the same,this should create a distance between the base of the shoulder flaps and the neck guard.

The pteryges on the dressing scene vase are a bit stylised. You'll understand this if you measure the proportions of their legs compared to their body. Thus they appear longer than they probably were. Your pteryges don't seem unacceptably long,but personally i would shorten them a bit. As a hint,my pteryges (without the space i have left between them and the waist band) are just 14,5 cm long. And i would never do them any longer in my quirass,if i still wanted that space between the pteryges and the waist band.
Khaire
Giannis
Giannis K. Hoplite
a.k.a.:Giannis Kadoglou
a.k.a.:Thorax
[Image: -side-1.gif]

Messages In This Thread
Re: Tweak my T&Y (linothorax/spolas) pattern, ca 500bc - by Giannis K. Hoplite - 01-10-2011, 09:50 PM