Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tweak my T&Y (linothorax/spolas) pattern, ca 500bc
Now I have changed the pattern and also made the backing for the scales and the upper breast section. I decided to make the backing from linen as I have some from previous projects. All visible parts of the corselet will be vegetable tanned leather. The main changes I did are:

1) Lowered the upper part of the breast section so the decorated border is lowered. I also changed the shape of this piece.
2) Shortened the body all around, more to the sides and the most in the back. This gives a better fitting profile that helps the hips relieve more of the weight.
3) Lenghtened the shoulder piece in the back and made the shoulder flaps longer and more narrow. I also made the neck guard higher.
4) Widened the shoulder piece on the shoulders and in front of the shoulders. I also made them a tad longer and improved the shape. I ideally want to fasten the shoulders in the decorated border so that's why I can't make them any longer than this unless I change the location of the point.
5) Shortened the pteruges. I gave the top section of the pteruges I less acute shape. All the individual pteruges have the same shape with some space in between them (I might decrease that space a bit before cutting it out in leather). Now I think the pteruges give the silouette I want.

Thanks for the comments so far and please let me know if something else needs to be changed before I move on with the project

Messages In This Thread
Re: Tweak my T&Y (linothorax/spolas) pattern, ca 500bc - by Daniel S. - 01-10-2011, 04:10 PM