Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tweak my T&Y (linothorax/spolas) pattern, ca 500bc
Ah, ok, now I see what you mean and now I understand that I didn't make myself clear. If you look at one of the photos where my pattern is layed out you can see that I didn't represent the flaring the way Christian did. He had the upper pteruge-section with a straight edge and the lower section with a curve. I agree that the end result from that is at risk of diverting from the motives on the vases.

So, my interpretation is to have the same curve on both the upper and the lower edge of that upper pteruge section. The result when it meets the main body can be a subtle flairing. (This is similar to how some 14th and 15th century armour and arming garments were taylored to get the wasp-waist going.) In this version however, I think I overdid it as the separate pteruges flair out too much. I'm working on another pattern that will have the pteruges themselves straighter and where the front, back, and sides fit better together.

Thanks!

Messages In This Thread
Re: Tweak my T&Y (linothorax/spolas) pattern, ca 500bc - by Daniel S. - 11-27-2010, 09:52 PM