Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Little known Roman innovations
Well, just so you know, we're utterly 21st Century Romans...we're able to transmit battle plans very quickly and easily. Yes, of course we built our own tower for telephonicus cellularis.
M. Demetrius Abicio
(David Wills)

Saepe veritas est dura.
Why little known. Everyone knows archeologists never found telephone cables, internetcables etc, so the Romans surely knew wireless techniquess Wink
ALA I BATAVORUM
I've also been informed that device is clearly out of my time period. They said it was Byzantine or Late Roman. Maybe so. I'm always working on my kit, like everybody else. :wink:
M. Demetrius Abicio
(David Wills)

Saepe veritas est dura.
Which reminds me of the fact that the Romans also invented Facebook. We discussed it some time ago, here.
Jona Lendering
Relevance is the enemy of history
My website
Quote:I've also been informed that device is clearly out of my time period. They said it was Byzantine or Late Roman. Maybe so. I'm always working on my kit, like everybody else. :wink:
Don't know about that one, but I've seen Late Roman in phone boots, and I used this one myself recently. Good reproduction if I say so myself.
[Image: houten2007_37.jpg]
Robert Vermaat
FECTIO Late Romans
THE CAUSE OF WAR MUST BE JUST
(Maurikios-Strategikon, book VIII.2: Maxim 12)
Yes, that looks almost modern! Good job! :wink:
M. Demetrius Abicio
(David Wills)

Saepe veritas est dura.
Certainly a very good 1:1 reconstruction of a 21st century microphone Big Grin Well done, Sir!
ALA I BATAVORUM
Just imagine the beating you would get from the Centurion when your cellphone rang in formation while he was talking!
John Kaler MSG, USA Retired
Member Legio V (Tenn, USA)
Staff Member Ludus Militus https://www.facebook.com/groups/671041919589478/
Owner Vicus and Village: https://www.facebook.com/groups/361968853851510/
Even gladiators have this innovation ;-) ) [attachment=0:1kxg98tp]<!-- ia0 Gladiatrix_m_Handy2.JPG<!-- ia0 [/attachment:1kxg98tp]
:lol:
M. Demetrius Abicio
(David Wills)

Saepe veritas est dura.
Quote:Just imagine the beating you would get from the Centurion when your cellphone rang in formation while he was talking!

Actually we had that one time this season. I think it was on the Nijmegen festival in the middle of the show Big Grin
ALA I BATAVORUM
The phone or the beating? :?:
M. Demetrius Abicio
(David Wills)

Saepe veritas est dura.