Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Life imitates art
There's an Irish pub song about a pub catching fire and the patrons taking advantage of the whiskey leaking out..who's cleaning up all the Jim Beam?<br>
<br>
<br>
Bourbon Fuels Kentucky Warehouse Fire<br>
LOUISVILLE, Ky. (Reuters) - A roaring fire that might have been sparked by lightning consumed roughly 1 million gallons of Jim Beam bourbon housed inside a warehouse in Bardstown, Kentucky, police said.<br>
<br>
"It was shooting flames way up," Bardstown Police Capt. Jerry Nevitt said, adding there were no serious injuries.<br>
<br>
Speculation as to the cause of the blaze Monday centered on a possible lightning strike from a passing thunderstorm, he said.<br>
<br>
The blaze destroyed the seven-story wooden structure containing some 20,000 barrels and sent flaming spirits running into nearby streams near Bardstown, 30 miles south of Louisville.<br>
<br>
Firefighters managed to contain the fire and dammed up nearby waterways to keep the bourbon contained. <p>Legio XX<br>
Fortius Conamur<br>
<br>
</p><i></i>
Richard Campbell
Legio XX - Alexandria, Virginia
RAT member #6?
Streams running with Jim Bean? If they start making houses out of beef jerky, then I am moving to Louisville.<br>
<p></p><i></i>

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Life imitates Arts (in Belgium) Jona Lendering 8 2,004 04-26-2008, 08:52 AM
Last Post: Narukami