Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Roman surgical instruments - My replicas
New instrument...tweezer...

[Image: IMG_0070800x600-1.jpg]

[Image: IMG_0077800x600-2.jpg]
CIAO from Italy

Marco
These are beautiful!.. Im looking into investing some money in a set of surgical instruments. Ive tried online sources but they're sporadic in their communications. let me know if you';re interested.
Ciao
CM Demetrivs Medivs
John Watkins
" Medicvs"
either of those could be used for forming fragmented of shattered bone to smooth reduced surfaces, also removing the "periosteum" from bony surfaces, which can be very stubborn. I LOVE THIS SET!
John Watkins
" Medicvs"
I am very sorry to have to inform you that Marco has quite making these all together. He ran into a very thick beaurocratic wall when he tried to establish his own workshop. Jurjen and I did try to help him, but the present Italian system seems to be crippling to any enterprise. I share your regret, for this is indeed a wonderfull set and Marco is a very, very talented artisan. I conside this a big loss for the re-enactment community and he has my deepest sympathy. I do hope at one time or another he will have a chance to take this up again.
Salvete et Valete

Nil volentibus arduum

Robert P. Wimmers
www.erfgoedenzo.nl/Diensten/Creatie Big Grin

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  surgical instruments CM Demetrivs Medicvs 20 3,721 01-09-2014, 08:15 PM
Last Post: Martin Moser
  Surgical instruments for an amputation ala Celsius M. Caecilius 5 1,775 04-23-2012, 08:15 PM
Last Post: M. Caecilius