Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Texas Ren Festival
Legion X Fretensis headquartered in Houston TX is marching at the head of the opening parade again this year at TRF. We invite all who would be able to make the event on the Roman weekend, November 6 & 7, to contact me via PM so I can make sure you have free admission tickets. If you need special parking in the VIP lot, let me know that, too. TRF is the largest RenFaire in the US. It's huge, no kidding.

Weather is mild, the responsibilities are few (show up on time, march in the parade, act Roman to a few people who might want their picture taken, then dismiss to enjoy the show). The more in the front of the parade, the better it is. The parade route is around a mile (Rusty, it's really a 5280 ft mile, not a Mobile 70,000 ft mile) :wink:

Interested? Let me know promptly, please. Directions and so forth are on the TRF website. Meet at the front gate at 11AM. Hope to see some of you there.

http://www.texrenfest.com/
M. Demetrius Abicio
(David Wills)

Saepe veritas est dura.
I still have to watch my back ypu know...
It was a fun walk, though. I'm glad to have been a small part of it. Amazing to see a crowd lining the street, and imagine they were there all for us, not for the beads and candy that others threw out there...and the two hundred or so people in the annual Mardis Gras parade. Got cold that night, didn't it?

No beads and candy at TRF, and the pace is a little quicker, but the weather will be warmer, odds are, and it will be another fun walk. Gypsies, knights, shopkeepers, etc., signs, banners, good times. Ya'll come on down and visit with us!
M. Demetrius Abicio
(David Wills)

Saepe veritas est dura.
Bump
M. Demetrius Abicio
(David Wills)

Saepe veritas est dura.