Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Somewhat odd request (language-related)
Sorry if this is the wrong place for it, but I couldn't think of where else to put it...

Anyway, I study at Universität Salzburg in Austria. I am not quite a native German speaker, but I am thinking about next semester taking some archaeology classes which are taught in German for the local students, as opposed to the ausländer like myself. I was wondering if anyone who knows German could point me in the direction of a website or vocabulary list, or something containing all the super common words most relevant to German (or general) archaeology so I don't have to look up a word every three sentences out of the professor's mouth. I have ordered a few copies of "Archäologie in Deutschland" so I figure that should set me on the right path, but still, any helpful suggestions would be...most........ helpful. :mrgreen:
"...atque ubi solitudinem faciunt, pacem appellant."

????? ???? ?\' ?????...(J. Feicht)
Quote:I was wondering if anyone who knows German could point me in the direction of a website or vocabulary list, or something containing all the super common words most relevant to German (or general) archaeology so I don't have to look up a word every three sentences out of the professor's mouth.
It sounds as if this site is exactly what you're looking for! (With thanks to Siggi for posting it.)
posted by Duncan B Campbell
https://ninth-legion.blogspot.com/
Wow, that is a great help! Thanks :-) )
"...atque ubi solitudinem faciunt, pacem appellant."

????? ???? ?\' ?????...(J. Feicht)