Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Worms Museum Help (Italic D helmet)
I would like some high/museum quality photo graphs of the Italic D helmet in Worms. I would like to try and reproduce this and thus require better and more detailed photos of different aspects of the helmet helmet. I know of the pictures on the RAT database as well as Google pictures. However, these pictures are sometime a little blurry or have some glass glare which does not allow careful analysis of the helmet.

Also, if anyone has direct contact information as to whom I should speak/e-mail, I would appreciate this persons information.

Thanks for any help in advance.
"You have to laugh at life or else what are you going to laugh at?" (Joseph Rosen)

Paolo
I think the Worms museum is very bad in taking good pictures. I know Jasper did quite some effort to get the pics as good as they are in the database right now.
ALA I BATAVORUM
Jurjen,

Thanks for the heads up.
"You have to laugh at life or else what are you going to laugh at?" (Joseph Rosen)

Paolo
Hi Doc
You can have the hi-res (5MP at the time) photos that I took, but yep, it is as Jurjen says. It's in a glass case close to various other glass cases with light a variety of directions. In other words: reflections bouncing eeeeeeverywhere.
Greets!

Jasper Oorthuys
Webmaster & Editor, Ancient Warfare magazine
I believe the director of the Museum is Dr. Mathilde Grünewald. She has published widely on Roman archaeology and therefore may be amenable to your request. You may want to send her an email at [email protected] .
Regards,

Jens Horstkotte
Munich, Germany
Thanks for the replies and the help. Much appreciated.

Paolo
Jasper, I sent you a PM. Please let me know if you received it. Sometimes my system here at work is screwy.

Paolo
Got it!
Greets!

Jasper Oorthuys
Webmaster & Editor, Ancient Warfare magazine
Thanks for the reply. At least I know RAT correspondence gets through.

Paolo

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Italic G Hebron helmet photos Doc 1 856 08-31-2017, 05:12 PM
Last Post: Flavivs Aetivs
  Question about the Gutmann italic H iron helmet Dave G 23 5,826 12-11-2007, 04:48 PM
Last Post: Caratacus
  What are the "Milites II Flavia" from Worms? Jona Lendering 35 8,765 08-04-2007, 11:41 PM
Last Post: Simplex