Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Passion played with passion
Salvete

This is what we have played in Gora Kalwaria in Poland month ago.

Movie : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2eyAocV3MQg

So what do you feel looking on such pictures ? Confusedhock:

[Image: passion_2011_gk_19.jpg]
[Image: passion_2011_gk_01.jpg]
[Image: passion_2011_gk_02.jpg]
[Image: passion_2011_gk_03.jpg]
[Image: passion_2011_gk_04.jpg]
[Image: passion_2011_gk_05.jpg]
[Image: passion_2011_gk_06.jpg]
[Image: passion_2011_gk_07.jpg]
[Image: passion_2011_gk_08.jpg]
[Image: passion_2011_gk_09.jpg]
Cacaivs Rebivs Asellio
Legio XXI Rapax - http://www.legioxxirapax.com/
a.k.a Cesary Wyszinski
And few more pictures ....

[Image: passion_2011_gk_11.jpg]
[Image: passion_2011_gk_12.jpg]
[Image: passion_2011_gk_13.jpg]
[Image: passion_2011_gk_14.jpg]
[Image: passion_2011_gk_15.jpg]
[Image: passion_2011_gk_16.jpg]
[Image: passion_2011_gk_17.jpg]
[Image: passion_2011_gk_18.jpg]
[Image: passion_2011_gk_20.jpg]
[Image: passion_2011_gk_21.jpg]
[Image: passion_2011_gk_22.jpg]
[Image: passion_2011_gk_23.jpg]
Cacaivs Rebivs Asellio
Legio XXI Rapax - http://www.legioxxirapax.com/
a.k.a Cesary Wyszinski
The nails should go through the wrists !!!
Bushido wa watashi no shuukyou de gozaru.

Katte Kabuto no O wo shimeyo!

H.J.Vrielink.
Salvete,

"The nails should go through the wrists !!!"

Well that and an additional initial thought being two things;

Everyone involved being entirely too clean and well laundered. Especially so the "victims". Secondly, if this hypothetical event took place between the year 30-38AD, are not the armor and arms used by the perpetrators too late for an accurate re-enactment/depiction of the event???

This is one continual inaccuracy, (IMHO) I observe in most all your recreations. I don't care if the event takes place in America or Poland and everywhere in between. Why are you all so pristine looking? The kit that has been recreated is absolutely beautiful, and most often times looking just off the shelf. Does anyone have/wear an example of kit AFTER the march across the Alps? AFTER you've been on campaign for several months?

Sure, I fully understand the benefits of hygiene while out in the field. And I'm certain if some form of fresh running water from a creek or river was near a march/lager site the soldiers would have had some opportunity to rinse out the dust and sweat. Still, kit would not have been as pristine as what I've seen on this forum thus far of living history events. Basically, your kit is too beautiful!! IMHO, of course....

Cacaius, I assume you were more looking for a "feel" of revulsion. That never occurred.

As far as the dirt, dust, sweat, grime, blood, etc., IMHO Gibson's "Passion of the Christ" was fairly spot on. Only those elements mentioned however. Possibly there were additional accuracies of the event depicted, however, this novice is not an expert by any means of the imagination. But...I do know what soldiers long on campaign should look like.

With all that being said, "Keep up the excellent work that you do". Just get dirty more often.

Remember, I highly admire all efforts on this forum which have been shared.

Valete,

B. Yurko Mikels
Sextus Mummius Tiro

Aut disce, aut discede!
Either learn, or leave!
Isn't "Jesus" a bit overdressed for the occasion in that thawb?

And give the poor donkey his blanket back - one guy has stolen it to use as a cloak! :-D
Hello, my name is Harry.
From a theatre perspective, putting nails through ANY part of the actor is a technical problem that can not easily be accomplished. The nails should not be shown going through the palms of the hand, as that has clearly been proven to be incorrect, and not possible physically/mehanically. One Latin translation for "wrist" is prima pars palmae, or the "first part of the hand", which may explain the use of the word "hand" for the nail site in the Bible.

About the best I saw was a polycarbonate flat wrist hook that had a "nail head" attached to the audience side of it. Because the plastic was fairly transparent, and the hook a close fit to the actor's hand, the wrist nailing was reasonably convincing from thirty or forty feet. But it must have been really uncomfortable for the actor, who had to partly support his body by bending his wrist down over the hook. Not as tough as really being nailed through the carpal tunnel, of course. Confusedhock: And that actor didn't have to remain on the cross for three hours or more.
M. Demetrius Abicio
(David Wills)

Saepe veritas est dura.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Passion Play in Leicester Crispvs 4 2,504 08-26-2011, 07:44 AM
Last Post: Crispvs
  passion plays Mauritius 16 3,649 03-25-2008, 05:37 PM
Last Post: Caballo
  The Passion Play.. Peroni 23 3,790 04-27-2007, 01:56 PM
Last Post: pvblivs cordvs