Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Colosseum on fire
This looks remarkable. According to the BBC:

Quote:A giant video installation at Rome's Colosseum was used to create the impression that the ancient ampitheatre was on fire.

The installation was designed to shock people into taking better care of their cultural heritage. Organisers said that at least 100,000 people observed the illusion.

BBC video

Edit: And I found a still image on Flickr.
[Image: 4997815851_2e86e636cf_o.jpg]
David J. Cord
www.davidcord.com
Quote:The Colosseum: one of the Seven Wonders of the World. ... This is not the first time the Colosseum has burned. That was back in 64 AD during the great fire of Rome.
Looks like Stephanie Holmes' researchers let her down. :roll:
posted by Duncan B Campbell
https://ninth-legion.blogspot.com/
Perhaps she was demonstrating the result of not "taking better care of their cultural heritage." :wink:
David J. Cord
www.davidcord.com
Does anyone know if the artist used video projectors or an LED Wall set up? Also what control system she is using?

Just curious.

:?

Narukami
David Reinke
Burbank CA
It looks like there are individual screen projectors in each window but I am uncertain. :? shock:

I would ask what is supposed to be burning with that type of fire going on. Looks like a forest fire but stone doesn't catch fire very easily. :wink:
Craig Bellofatto

Going to college for Massage Therapy. So reading alot of Latin TerminologyWink

It is like a finger pointing to the moon. DON\'T concentrate on the finger or you miss all the heavenly glory before you!-Bruce Lee

Train easy; the fight is hard. Train hard; the fight is easy.- Thai Proverb
Yes, it does look like video projection, and generally speaking this can be a less expensive option, however LED walls are brighter and if throw distance is not available then a Wall may be the only solution.

I saw a Dutch news cast about the project but do not know if they gave any technical details. (I'm barely fluent in English.)

:wink:

Narukami
David Reinke
Burbank CA