Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
RenFaire stereotypes
Quote:This site has come to the attention of RAT before, but it is worth visiting again, even though it is not strictly RenFaire.

http://www.pixyland.org/peterpan/palmbe ... tical.html
http://pixyland.org/peterpan/petersFashionPage.html

This is for those of you who may be getting a bit bored with Roman reenacting, and need a change.

Ralph

As a native Floridian I do not condone this man's actions. :oops: :roll:
Craig Bellofatto

Going to college for Massage Therapy. So reading alot of Latin TerminologyWink

It is like a finger pointing to the moon. DON\'T concentrate on the finger or you miss all the heavenly glory before you!-Bruce Lee

Train easy; the fight is hard. Train hard; the fight is easy.- Thai Proverb
I recently took part in my city's equivalent to a Ren Fairie...they call it Medieval, call it "cultural" 'cos is related to History and then try to ignore as much of it as it's possible to sell everything that they can... :roll: Luckily now there is a square only for the "historical" part, mostly theater about how the city was then and a bit of who's wo.

There are not much of those "Ren garbers" here: the people is too shy to dress, which measn that probably reenacment will have the same difficulty Sad
-This new learning amazes me, Sir Bedevere. Explain again how
sheep´s bladders may be employed to prevent earthquakes.
[Image: escudocopia.jpg]Iagoba Ferreira Benito, member of Cohors Prima Gallica
and current Medieval Martial Arts teacher of Comilitium Sacrae Ensis, fencing club.
Quote:Oh, God, yer killin' me! "Trampire"! I love it!

The Three Stoogeketeers--Black puffy shirts, big pants, bucket-top boots, big plumey hats, and froofy swords, all worn by attitudes the size of Nebraska.

The Professor--Knows EVERYTHING about history, and is going to tell you ALL about it. And usually it's all wrong. This guy homes in on anyone in historical clothing, so you might want to just go in modern dress.

The Riddler of Steel--Just listen for "...weighed about 20 pounds..."--that's him. Like The Professor, but with a (thank God) narrower knowledge base.

Gonad the Barbarian--Leather, fur, vambraces, and the finest Pakistani weaponry that $29.95 can buy.

Oh, by the way, Randi, the proper term for your pirate is "Captain Hooker", or "First Second and Third Mate". Aaarrrrrrrggghhhh....

Geez, I can't stop laughing!

Matthew

Thanks you for the post.