Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Oh no: more helmets!
Not just helmets, but breastplates, spears, doodads, and thingies of many periods too. edited by moderator due to violation of forum rule # 4 for some more Guttmann goodies being flogged off (anybody notice a theme this week?). Colour photos are nice...

Mike Bishop
You know my method. It is founded upon the observance of trifles

Blogging, tweeting, and mapping Hadrian\'s Wall... because it\'s there
disgusting.
Dan Diffendale
Ph.D. candidate, University of Michigan
If i would be the German state i would raid this auctioneers hall, impound everything because of its grave robbing origins and distribute the artefacts worldwide to musea.

M.VIB.M.
Bushido wa watashi no shuukyou de gozaru.

Katte Kabuto no O wo shimeyo!

H.J.Vrielink.
I guess in principle, I might agree, MVM, but it would still be "grave-robbing", regardless of where the artifacts were taken, wouldn't it? Hopefully, in free societies, the governments won't raid legal businesses and confiscate their goods.
M. Demetrius Abicio
(David Wills)

Saepe veritas est dura.
True Demetrius it still would be robbing salesmen of their goods aquired from raiding archaological sites... Guttmann was always helpful to scholars wanting to investigate his stuff.. the new owners, unless they are musea, wont be.

Hence my remark that this sale of world heritage goods should be stopped by some form of intervention.

However we do live in a free world with a free market. But just like the recent Cavalry helmet being sold off in the UK, this again is in my honest opinion a criminal act.

M.VIB.M.
Bushido wa watashi no shuukyou de gozaru.

Katte Kabuto no O wo shimeyo!

H.J.Vrielink.