Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cumbrian Roman Cavalry Helmet
Just in case you have missed this in the Sub-Roman Britain Thread...

http://www.guardian.co.uk/culture/2010/ ... or-cumbria

I find this sentance particularly disturbing

"The helmet was found in more than 30 pieces, but has been restored and cleaned for sale by Christie's. Archaeologists fear clues on how it came to be buried in rough land may have been destroyed in the process."
Moi Watson

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, Merlot in one hand, Cigar in the other; body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming "WOO HOO, what a ride!
Seen this one?

<!-- l <a class="postlink-local" href="http://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=30123">viewtopic.php?f=17&t=30123<!-- l
Visne partem mei capere? Comminus agamus! * Me semper rogo, Quid faceret Iulius Caesar? * Confidence is a good thing! Overconfidence is too much of a good thing.
[b]Legio XIIII GMV. (Q. Magivs)RMRS Remember Atuatuca! Vengence will be ours!
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel
Quote:Seen this one?

<!-- l <a class="postlink-local" href="http://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=30123">viewtopic.php?f=17&t=30123<!-- l

Oops :oops:
Moi Watson

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, Merlot in one hand, Cigar in the other; body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming "WOO HOO, what a ride!
May I ask a nice Moderator to take this post off please as it is a duplicate...that's what I get for scan reading - sorry!

Thank you
Moi Watson

Quote:May I ask a nice Moderator to take this post off please as it is a duplicate...that's what I get for scan reading - sorry!

What, and spoil our Schadenfreude? ;-) )

Mike Bishop
You know my method. It is founded upon the observance of trifles

Blogging, tweeting, and mapping Hadrian\'s Wall... because it\'s there
Couldn't spell that... :lol:

Your Biggles photos got the thumbs up from my Arbeia mates, by the way.
Moi Watson

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Roman Cavalry Helmet Brigetio jho 1 2,490 12-07-2017, 10:01 PM
Last Post: woboh
  ROMAN CAVALRY HELMET Albertomv 10 3,080 02-22-2013, 06:28 PM
Last Post: Gaius Julius Caesar