Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
British Insurance ad with Roman re enactor (briefly)
Heres an ad for Churchill, a UK insurance company featuring a talking dog. But why is there suddenly a Roman re enactor at 23 seconds sitting down in front of the tug of war???
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F4dlpONYOdo
[Image: wip2_r1_c1-1-1.jpg] [Image: Comitatuslogo3.jpg]

aka Paul B, moderator
http://www.romanarmy.net/auxilia.htm
Moderation in all things
I had to watch it twice to see him. Maybe he was just there already. Also what are rates on horse insurance over there right now? The Roman looks like he needs a ride. 8)
Craig Bellofatto

Going to college for Massage Therapy. So reading alot of Latin TerminologyWink

It is like a finger pointing to the moon. DON\'T concentrate on the finger or you miss all the heavenly glory before you!-Bruce Lee

Train easy; the fight is hard. Train hard; the fight is easy.- Thai Proverb
Quote:I had to watch it twice to see him. Maybe he was just there already. Also what are rates on horse insurance over there right now? The Roman looks like he needs a ride. 8)
He's only there in seconds 23 and 24.
If he needs a ride, there's also a hobby horse prancing around very briefly. Big Grin
Robert Vermaat
FECTIO Late Romans
THE CAUSE OF WAR MUST BE JUST
(Maurikios-Strategikon, book VIII.2: Maxim 12)
Quote:
Astiryu1:2ubcb2rn Wrote:I had to watch it twice to see him. Maybe he was just there already. Also what are rates on horse insurance over there right now? The Roman looks like he needs a ride. 8)
He's only there in seconds 23 and 24.

I think you can see a tiny bit of him at the very right edge in second 17, so I guess he's actually been there all the time. They probably just stole a sequence from some event ...

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Next time someone laughs at you being a Roman re-enactor... tlclark 19 2,644 06-07-2006, 10:36 AM
Last Post: tlclark
  insurance company advertisement Goffredo 3 1,628 09-30-2003, 02:41 PM
Last Post: Goffredo
  Hi! I\'m a 2nd century Roman re-enactor. What\'s your name? Anonymous 11 2,986 03-28-2003, 04:13 AM
Last Post: Anonymous