Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Othismos: Classical vs Crowd Theory Othismos
Here is a page from a book on crowd disasters that discusses some of the things I described above. He discusses "high-energy" crowds. Othismos would be ultra-high energy because those guys are actually trying to generate maximum pressure and, if I correct about the aspis protecting the diapragm from compression, they could survive much higher pressures. Note he mentions how a rythmic element like rock music with heavy bass can increase the energy. I think this is where the dance training of Greeks comes in. Even without the music playing they are used to moving in lines and groups in unison.
Also note that less than ten men can generate 1,000 pounds of force. It is one thing when I say it, another to read it independantly Smile
Paul M. Bardunias
MODERATOR: [url:2dqwu8yc]http://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat/viewtopic.php?t=4100[/url]
A Spartan, being asked a question, answered "No." And when the questioner said, "You lie," the Spartan said, "You see, then, that it is stupid of you to ask questions to which you already know the answer!"

Messages In This Thread
Re: Othismos: Classical vs Crowd Theory Othismos - by PMBardunias - 09-17-2010, 11:53 PM
Re: Pushing from Classical Sources - by nikolaos - 09-18-2010, 01:35 AM
Re: Responding to your questions - by nikolaos - 09-18-2010, 04:12 AM