Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hadrian\'s Wall Archaeology
Durham County Council (I know, I know, none of the Wall runs through County Durham :roll: but it does include hinterland forts like Chester-le-Street and Piercebridge) have produced the first issue of a new, annual, full-colour publication* about recent work on Hadrian's Wall, together with papers from the first Hadrian's Wall Archaeology Forum. I got mine from Hadrian's Wall Ltd at £6 (+£1 P&P) which has the benefit that they accept PayPal. It is 76 pages long and printed on glossy stock so looks rather sumptuous and includes reports on sites at Carlisle, Birdoswald, Vindolanda (featured on the front cover), Housesteads, Benwell, Newcastle, Lanchester, Chester-le-Street, Binchester, East Park Sedgefield, Bowes, and Piercebridge. If mural matters ding your bell, get yours while it's hot ;-) )

*Hadrian's Wall Archaeology issue 1 2010 (no ISBN or ISSN)

[Image: image_resize.axd?filepath=images%5cResou...ight=99999]

Mike Bishop
You know my method. It is founded upon the observance of trifles

Blogging, tweeting, and mapping Hadrian\'s Wall... because it\'s there
Thanks for the link - off to purchase mine now!
Moi Watson

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, Merlot in one hand, Cigar in the other; body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming "WOO HOO, what a ride!
Many thanks !
Visne partem mei capere? Comminus agamus! * Me semper rogo, Quid faceret Iulius Caesar? * Confidence is a good thing! Overconfidence is too much of a good thing.
[b]Legio XIIII GMV. (Q. Magivs)RMRS Remember Atuatuca! Vengence will be ours!
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel
Bought! Very many thanks for noting this!

- Harry
www.wedigvindolanda.com
Everything old is new again.
Thanks for posting this, Mike. Seems like an interesting read, so ordered one.
ALA I BATAVORUM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Future Learn - Hadrian\'s Wall tigger 3 2,184 05-21-2015, 01:55 AM
Last Post: Charlie
  Everyday Life of a Soldier on Hadrian\'s Wall Quintus Aurelius Lepidus 0 1,308 04-10-2015, 07:52 PM
Last Post: Quintus Aurelius Lepidus
  Podcast on Hadrian\'s Wall sculpture mcbishop 0 963 09-28-2013, 09:17 AM
Last Post: mcbishop