Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kids\' Peltas
Made some peltas for the kids, thought I would share with everyone. I allowed the kids to choose the shape, colors and devices for their peltas. As is evident, I am no artist, but it was a fun and inexpensive project and the kids love em!

[attachment=1:1imwteeo]<!-- ia1 GEDC0553.JPG<!-- ia1 [/attachment:1imwteeo]

[attachment=0:1imwteeo]<!-- ia0 Joshua's Pelta 001.JPG<!-- ia0 [/attachment:1imwteeo]

"The men who once dwelled beneath the crags of Mt Helicon, the broad land of Thespiae now boasts of their courage"
Philiades

"So now I meet my doom. Let me at least sell my life dearly and have a not inglorius end, after some feat of arms that shall come to the ears of generations still unborn"
Hektor, the Iliad
I think they look great. Good work, and congrats to you for getting the kids in the "game", so to speak!
M. Demetrius Abicio
(David Wills)

Saepe veritas est dura.
Quote:I think they look great. Good work, and congrats to you for getting the kids in the "game", so to speak!

Thanks David!

The stylized 'Dolphin of Poseidon' proved a bit difficult with my limited artistic abilities (a lot of touch-up was required :wink: ), but it was a good confidence builder as I am planning to order an unpainted aspes and do the painting myself, have to save a buck any way we can these days. :|

"The men who once dwelled beneath the crags of Mt Helicon, the broad land of Thespiae now boasts of their courage"
Philiades

"So now I meet my doom. Let me at least sell my life dearly and have a not inglorius end, after some feat of arms that shall come to the ears of generations still unborn"
Hektor, the Iliad
Small correction: The dolphin was symbol of Apollo.

The snake probably is related to Athamanians -symbol of their goddess Dione

Nicely done though.

Kind regards
Quote:Small correction: The dolphin was symbol of Apollo.

The snake probably is related to Athamanians -symbol of their goddess Dione

Nicely done though.

Kind regards

Thanks Stefanos!

I copied the stylized dolphin from images of shield devices that I found on the net, it was labeled: 'Poseidon's Dolphin'?

It's actually an image associated with Apollo?

You mean that something I found on the internet is wrong?! Confusedhock: :lol:

Philiades

Hektor, the Iliad
Quote:Thanks Stefanos!

I copied the stylized dolphin from images of shield devices that I found on the net, it was labeled: 'Poseidon's Dolphin'?

In the Bronze Age the seamen's god was "Delphinios". The Oracle was created by Cretan castaways. (source Pausanias book 10)
A prayer to Delphinios Apollo survives

http://www.knowledgerush.com/kr/encyclo ... elphinios/

The internet has a lot of things good and bad correct and wrong.

Kind regards
Quote:
Dithrambus:eeu61m2p Wrote:Thanks Stefanos!

In the Bronze Age the seamen's god was "Delphinios". The Oracle was created by Cretan castaways. (source Pausanias book 10)
A prayer to Delphinios Apollo survives

http://www.knowledgerush.com/kr/encyclo ... elphinios/

The internet has a lot of things good and bad correct and wrong.

Kind regards

Thanks for that link Stefanos, saved it in my bookmarks.

Mark H.

Philiades

Hektor, the Iliad
The images didn't survive the move from the old forum so I have reloaded them.

[attachment=155]KailasPelta002.JPG[/attachment]

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Philiades

Hektor, the Iliad

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Round or oval peltas maitre Renard 0 1,576 04-17-2011, 05:05 AM
Last Post: maitre Renard