Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Zahi Hawass strikes again
Instructions.

(1) Sit down leisurely. Prepare a glass of water.

(2) Read this.

(3) Consider "does not depict historical reality, and the events described have nothing to do with those that marked the time of Cleopatra"

(4) Think about this man's claim that Cleo's tomb has been found.

(5) Laugh.

(6) When laughter becomes intolerable, drink water.
Jona Lendering
Relevance is the enemy of history
My website
Jona, I thought you preferred enthusiasm over scientific approach to archaeology :wink: :!:
Virilis / Jyrki Halme
PHILODOX
[Image: fectio.png]
Quote:"The way of life depicted in the series does not correspond with that in Egypt after it merged with the Greco-Ptolemaic civilisation," Hawass added, criticising the costumes and sets in the production.
Hmm, I think that now is the time to contact mr Hawass to gain his support for an initiative for more accuracy on movies and tv series... Anyone? :wink:
Robert Vermaat
FECTIO Late Romans
THE CAUSE OF WAR MUST BE JUST
(Maurikios-Strategikon, book VIII.2: Maxim 12)
It might be fun to have a look for ourselves first though eh...

Cleopatra Drama Series

:|

- Nathan
Nathan Ross
What... No sex ? in an Arab series ?
No latin ? No Greek ?
Trooper helmets ?

Click link.

Press button.

http://www.nooooooooooooooo.com/

M.VIB.M.
Bushido wa watashi no shuukyou de gozaru.

Katte Kabuto no O wo shimeyo!

H.J.Vrielink.
The filmmakers ought to be stoned for showing woman's bare arms and ankles. We should send them plane tickets to California where they will have no trouble getting stoned.
Can't wait for the version with subtitles! Not!
John Kaler MSG, USA Retired
Member Legio V (Tenn, USA)
Staff Member Ludus Militus https://www.facebook.com/groups/671041919589478/
Owner Vicus and Village: https://www.facebook.com/groups/361968853851510/
Quote: Egypt's Tarek Siam, who produced the series, has said he had no intention of making a historically accurate depiction of ancient Egypt in Cleopatra's time, but meant to focus on the queen's personality.

OK, why should the producer focus on known facts, such as period dress and events, when he can speculate on Cleopatra's personality? :?

"The men who once dwelled beneath the crags of Mt Helicon, the broad land of Thespiae now boasts of their courage"
Philiades

"So now I meet my doom. Let me at least sell my life dearly and have a not inglorius end, after some feat of arms that shall come to the ears of generations still unborn"
Hektor, the Iliad
Quote:What... No sex ? in an Arab series ?
No latin ? No Greek ?
Trooper helmets ?

Click link.

Press button.

http://www.nooooooooooooooo.com/

M.VIB.M.

The nooooooooo button appears to be broken, I pressed it repeatedly and their still making silly, inaccurate docu-dramas!! :lol: :wink:

"The men who once dwelled beneath the crags of Mt Helicon, the broad land of Thespiae now boasts of their courage"
Philiades

"So now I meet my doom. Let me at least sell my life dearly and have a not inglorius end, after some feat of arms that shall come to the ears of generations still unborn"
Hektor, the Iliad
He has a "richly illustrated" book coming out next month: Cleopatra: The Search for the Last Queen of Egypt. The fact that National Geographic has something to do with the book might be reassuring.

It will be interesting to see what the illustrations in his book portray.
David J. Cord
www.davidcord.com
The fact that National Geographic has something to do with the book might be reassuring. ????? Confusedhock:

PLUS

It will be interesting to see what the illustrations in his book portray. !!!!

Nuff said....

Tongue

M.VIB.M.
Bushido wa watashi no shuukyou de gozaru.

Katte Kabuto no O wo shimeyo!

H.J.Vrielink.