Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stilicho - the book
Ian, I may ask, which ancient historical personalities are you interested in?
Gäiten
a.k.a.: Andreas R.
Quote:Ian, I may ask, which ancient historical personalities are you interested in?

Hmm, that's a hard one. Do you mean 'interested enough to write a book about'?

Writing about, there are many ancient Roman personalities, and their opponents, from Scipio Africanus (not Hannibal, Caesar or Alexander - they've been done so often Sad D ).

If I was to write a list from the top of my head I'd also include Sertorius, Corbulo, Marcus Aurelius (I wrote about him at University: I'm not too sure about this 'Philosopher Emperor' tag). and everybody from c.227 onwards with the exception (at the moment) of Constantine I, Julian, and maybe Theodosius (again, they've been covered a lot!).

No doubt there are others, but England are about to play Bulgaria in the Euro qualifiers - in fact, I can hear the National Anthem finishing as I type - and those are the ones that immediately come to mind. Right, it's kicked off: got to go! :mrgreen:

Any particular reason for the question?
Ian (Sonic) Hughes
"I have described nothing but what I saw myself, or learned from others" - Thucydides, Peloponnesian War
"I have just jazzed mine up a little" - Spike Milligan, World War II
Hi.

No I do not fish for information.
I am just interested in because your choices of personalities you wrote and will write about are interesting. Furthermore I wanted to know if your interests does fit my own Smile

It is more challenging to write about such themes as Stilicho than Alexander.

Quote:No doubt there are others, but England are about to play Bulgaria in the Euro qualifiers - in fact, I can hear the National Anthem finishing as I type - and those are the ones that immediately come to mind. Right, it's kicked off: got to go!

Congratulation. Nice game.
Gäiten
a.k.a.: Andreas R.