Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WEAPONS OF THE ROMANS - MICHAEL FEUGERE
Just bought a copy, which is apparently a ranslation from French book originaly published 1992ish.<br>
<br>
Some great photos & illuatrations ( Some by Connolly & Simkins ) but I am a bit dubious regarding the text. Has anyone come across this ... got an opinion on some of the things said ?<br>
<br>
Regards<br>
<br>
<br>
Conal <p></p><i></i>
Salve,<br>
<br>
Yes.<br>
<br>
The bibliography has been updated, but the text has not. Thus for instance the introduction of <i> 'lorica segmentata'</i> is linked to the revolt of Sacrovir and no mention is made of finds of such armour from earlier dates such as those found at Kalkriese. In some instances French spelling has been retained for place names (eg Numance instead of Numantia) and there is the odd term that remains untranslated (eg the French word for hackamore is used in the text).<br>
<br>
Regards,<br>
<br>
Sander van Dorst <p></p><i></i>
Thanks I had missed that thread !!<br>
<br>
There is an illustration of a sword & scabbard from "Fulham " ... is this "the" Fulam blade , by which I mean the parallel sided long pointed brother of the Mainz type ?<br>
<br>
Any idea how many Fulham blades have been found ?<br>
<br>
Regards<br>
<br>
Conal<br>
<br>
<br>
<br>
<br>
<br>
<br>
<br>
<p></p><i></i>
Reviewed online at<br>
<br>
ccat.sas.upenn.edu/bmcr/2...11-25.html<br>
<br>
Mike Bishop <p></p><i></i>
You know my method. It is founded upon the observance of trifles

Blogging, tweeting, and mapping Hadrian\'s Wall... because it\'s there

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Les Casques Antiques by Michel Feugere Caballo 2 1,468 04-11-2007, 07:39 PM
Last Post: Caballo
  \'Weapons of the Romans\' by Michel Feugère Marcus Mummius 13 3,300 09-07-2005, 02:34 PM
Last Post: Ebusitanus
  Feugere, Michael - The Weapons of the Romans Robert Vermaat 2 1,148 12-31-2003, 07:32 PM
Last Post: aitor iriarte