Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Metal plate beneath Linothorakes or Spolades
I'm not quite sure I understand what's going on there with the epomides. Is the whole cuirass folded double vertically? What's that little flat behind the epomis? How do we know which side the epomis is attached to?

I think it is just flattened dorso-ventrally, front to back. The thing behin dhte epomis is that neck-tab that is commonly seen on T-Y's. I know it looks like a single epomis with a border, but if you blow up the image a bit it looks like they are in fact two borderless epomides- the chest piece seems to extend up between them and the very tips are slightly off-set.

I agree that this could be bands of leather or metal, but even thick/stiff panels of linen cannot be ruled out. Like most of these images, it could be almost anything.
Paul M. Bardunias
MODERATOR: [url:2dqwu8yc]http://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat/viewtopic.php?t=4100[/url]
A Spartan, being asked a question, answered "No." And when the questioner said, "You lie," the Spartan said, "You see, then, that it is stupid of you to ask questions to which you already know the answer!"

Messages In This Thread
Re: Metal plate beneath Linothorakes or Spolades - by PMBardunias - 08-24-2010, 03:30 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Spartan Aigis and the Spolades PMBardunias 16 4,402 09-01-2010, 11:15 AM
Last Post: hoplite14gr