Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A Roman fort discovered S of Norwich?
Does anyone know about the discovery of a Roman fort around Norwich....
I just heard this, from someone who read it the local press there recently.
Will try and find more details.
Visne partem mei capere? Comminus agamus! * Me semper rogo, Quid faceret Iulius Caesar? * Confidence is a good thing! Overconfidence is too much of a good thing.
[b]Legio XIIII GMV. (Q. Magivs)RMRS Remember Atuatuca! Vengence will be ours!
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel
http://www.edp24.co.uk/content/edp24/no ... rTown.aspx

Right, this is the place mentioned by my colegue.
Seems to be the tribal home of Boudicca?
Visne partem mei capere? Comminus agamus! * Me semper rogo, Quid faceret Iulius Caesar? * Confidence is a good thing! Overconfidence is too much of a good thing.
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel
Ixworth is nowhere near Norwich Byron. Wrong county! It's near to Bury St. Ednmunds in West Suffolk. About 40 minutes from where I live.

Insteresting that they have found evidence of a fort as it would be on the same road heading west as 'Combretovivm' at modern Balham. (Now the A14)
Well, I'll have to quiz him again, but funny how I found a roman fort anyway with the wrong info in google lol

Right I've posted the link to the correct place, but i don't see any mention of the Roman fort he spoke of.
Do any of you have any information on this. He said Timeteam have dug there, but nothing relevant can I find in a search.
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Fort in Wales discovered due to coins and drought Epictetus 17 3,101 08-14-2013, 06:40 AM
Last Post: Vindex
  More on the recently discovered third fort in Cornwall. romanonick 4 1,543 08-19-2009, 10:43 AM
Last Post: D B Campbell