Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Access to JSTOR
Just wondering if anyone accesses JSTOR for research documents and whether you're still able to access the website past login?

I did have access earlier this year but now I don't seem to be able to search for articles/documents as I did before.

Any one else got this problem? (I can't get them to answer my login query either...) :?
Moi Watson

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, Merlot in one hand, Cigar in the other; body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming "WOO HOO, what a ride!
Quote:I did have access earlier this year but now I don't seem to be able to search for articles/documents as I did before.
It depends on your host organisation's subscription (afaik). Different organisations access different resources via JSTOR. Check whether your host still subscribes.
posted by Duncan B Campbell
https://ninth-legion.blogspot.com/
Ta!

It would help if they answered my e-mails as well I think! Cry (mutter, mutter, harumph)

EDIT: I take it all back! I've at least had an acknowledgement this time!!!
Moi Watson

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, Merlot in one hand, Cigar in the other; body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming "WOO HOO, what a ride!
I find that I sometimes have trouble accessing it anywhere other than my university's grounds. If I'm at a different IP, even using my account login and everything, it doesn't always work. Still, I can't complain too much, since it is such a great resource Big Grin
"...atque ubi solitudinem faciunt, pacem appellant."

????? ???? ?\' ?????...(J. Feicht)

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  JSTOR - free but limited access Viventius 6 2,034 01-17-2013, 07:36 PM
Last Post: Robert Vermaat
  Jstor access for RAT members... possible?? MARCvSVIBIvSMAvRINvS 7 2,107 10-28-2007, 12:18 AM
Last Post: MARCvSVIBIvSMAvRINvS