Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Glemham Hall multi-period event. 24/25 July
Big multi-period event this weekend at Glemham Hall Suffolk. Ancient Greeks through to WWII and beyond.

Impressive line-up.. come and support a great cause.
http://www.archantsuffolk.net/salute-ou ... ticipants/
It's a shame Suffolk is a bit far for us, because not only are the re-enactors worth seeing, but I'd love to see the Spitfire and B17, especially if they fly them. Magnificent machines both Big Grin Weather forecast seems not to shabby, so looks like it will be a cracking weekend.
Lanata (well, I do have a penchant for wooly things!) aka Lindsay Williams
Yes, they'll all be flying. I saw the 'Grace' Spitfire and the two P-51-D Mustangs flying at nearby Bentwaters a few weeks ago - very impressive. The B17 was due to fly there too but was apparently stranded in Denmark by the weather!
See, now you're just tempting me even further. I love to see the old planes fly. I only wish I'd seen the last Me109 with an original engine in flight before they crashed it! It's sat in Hendon now, I believe airworthy after a substantial rebuild, but won't be flying anytime soon.

The spitfire is a gorgeous plane. I'd give my right arm to go up in one! Sadly, no two seaters are registered for commercial flights in the UK Cry

Sorry, a bit off topic there!
Lanata (well, I do have a penchant for wooly things!) aka Lindsay Williams
Quote:The spitfire is a gorgeous plane. I'd give my right arm to go up in one! Sadly, no two seaters are registered for commercial flights in the UK

Well, the grace family plane is a two-seater! One can only ask!
Quote:
Quote:The spitfire is a gorgeous plane. I'd give my right arm to go up in one! Sadly, no two seaters are registered for commercial flights in the UK
Well, the grace family plane is a two-seater! One can only ask!
The Official Grace Spitfire ML 407 Website!
Robert Vermaat
FECTIO Late Romans
THE CAUSE OF WAR MUST BE JUST
(Maurikios-Strategikon, book VIII.2: Maxim 12)
Was a great event, managed to get some video of the B-17 and the Mustangs(mostly soundtrack due to screenglare and operator error... :roll: )
Not of the Spitfire though.
Visne partem mei capere? Comminus agamus! * Me semper rogo, Quid faceret Iulius Caesar? * Confidence is a good thing! Overconfidence is too much of a good thing.
[b]Legio XIIII GMV. (Q. Magivs)RMRS Remember Atuatuca! Vengence will be ours!
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Binchester 25-26 July event 2009 brennivs - tony drake 9 2,894 07-31-2009, 01:45 PM
Last Post: ioannes sebald
  July Ft. Stevens event maius 0 896 07-13-2008, 01:22 AM
Last Post: maius
  Fort Vechten NL, Multi-period Weekend September 2007 Robert Vermaat 20 5,706 11-26-2007, 03:22 PM
Last Post: Robert Vermaat