Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hilarious videos...... (Coldsteel)
Guys and Gals, I have discovered the ultimate in Camp........

Better than a B film, and real because it was made not as a jeste, but as serious commercial...

I was in hysterics after seeing about 5 of them.... :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

I never saw people enjoying their job this much !!!

ENJOY !!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_hfLZozBVpM

M.VIB.M.
Bushido wa watashi no shuukyou de gozaru.

Katte Kabuto no O wo shimeyo!

H.J.Vrielink.
I have one of the DVD's of this. "Solid Proof" is what it is called I think.
I wish they made more accurate pieces but I would like some of their stuff to play with. The "Greatsword" is one of them.
I do hope the company has a cookout after these videos. Big Grin
Craig Bellofatto

Going to college for Massage Therapy. So reading alot of Latin TerminologyWink

It is like a finger pointing to the moon. DON\'T concentrate on the finger or you miss all the heavenly glory before you!-Bruce Lee

Train easy; the fight is hard. Train hard; the fight is easy.- Thai Proverb
Holy Smoke! Confusedhock:
"Fugit irreparabile tempus" (Irrecoverable time glides away) Virgil

Ron Andrea
Bloody fun police..... :x
Visne partem mei capere? Comminus agamus! * Me semper rogo, Quid faceret Iulius Caesar? * Confidence is a good thing! Overconfidence is too much of a good thing.
[b]Legio XIIII GMV. (Q. Magivs)RMRS Remember Atuatuca! Vengence will be ours!
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel
I give the blade high marks for devastation ability, but the form of the speaker is sort of bad...it's clear that if the defender were able to sidestep, he's so out of position he would be an easy stab for another sword, great or small. Heckuva demonstration, though. Looks like it could probably sever a human leg at the thigh.

As far as I could see, that was butted mail, which failed totally in defending the manniquin. But would we really want to throw our primary weapon?
M. Demetrius Abicio
(David Wills)

Saepe veritas est dura.
Naw, he's trying to peddle swords. Realism is not on his mind at all.

Did you catch that line about destroying the street? Hopefully not a street near any of us. Confusedhock:
"Fugit irreparabile tempus" (Irrecoverable time glides away) Virgil

Ron Andrea
You should see their other vids, you will be rolling with laughter, the one liners, the poses, its just too funny to be taken seriousely.

In one of them they boast something like: "keep this behind your door and the burglar with the .22 wont stand a chance....."

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

M.VIB.M.

H.J.Vrielink.
When he said something like "you'll be the master of the fight" I couldn't help thinking 9mm. Hmm. :wink:
M. Demetrius Abicio
(David Wills)

Saepe veritas est dura.
Maybe he is planning on stabbing trough the door which would work but the legal ramifications are surely not on the swordsmans side here. Big Grin Mainly when I watch these I think about the less than genuine swords I have gotten through the years.
The only one to ever hold up was a "Ninja" sword made in Pakistan
[attachment=0:2x4t5b54]<!-- ia0 United Cutlery Voyager Full Tang Ninja Sword in sheath.JPG<!-- ia0 [/attachment:2x4t5b54]

This thing was a monster. Unfortunately I lost it in a creek while trimming trees. :x

I would like to get the Boar spear and the Hand and a half sword as well.
Too bad they don't make a gladius or falcata.
I am interested in the Katana sets too for practice. The polypropylene trainers are impressive.
Craig Bellofatto

Going to college for Massage Therapy. So reading alot of Latin TerminologyWink

It is like a finger pointing to the moon. DON\'T concentrate on the finger or you miss all the heavenly glory before you!-Bruce Lee

Train easy; the fight is hard. Train hard; the fight is easy.- Thai Proverb
Very cool! :lol: But what is up with the tie? I would think period armor would add some effect, comic effect that is :lol:

"The men who once dwelled beneath the crags of Mt Helicon, the broad land of Thespiae now boasts of their courage"
Philiades

"So now I meet my doom. Let me at least sell my life dearly and have a not inglorius end, after some feat of arms that shall come to the ears of generations still unborn"
Hektor, the Iliad
I have several Cold Steel pieces. The historical pieces are functionally excellent, but not very historically accurate. I bought a Highland Baskethilt with a basket that's too large for authenticity, but I liked the blade so much that I bought another (on sale) and had it rehilted as an Irish ring-pommel sword with an open-key guard and I love it. If you want a CS sword or knife, shop around on the Web. You can almost always find it for a far lower price than CS charges. CS also frequently has factory second sales at a good markdown. I have a Scottish dirk that's not quite like anything ever carried by a highlander, but it's a hellacious weapon anyway.
Pecunia non olet
*facepalm*

why would you throw a Bidenhänder???? BTW, you should check their throwing shovel!
gr,
Jeroen Pelgrom
Rules for Posting

I would rather have fire storms of atmospheres than this cruel descent from a thousand years of dreams.
Hahaha yes it reminded me of a Russian soldier of world war two killing off a nazi swine... literally.

Tongue

M.VIB.M.

H.J.Vrielink.
Quote:why would you throw a Bidenhänder?
If you did throw your sword in combat, you'd better hope it was a lethal hit, because, well, you'd then be unarmed, right? Unarmed against a sword is not a good matchup.
M. Demetrius Abicio
(David Wills)

Saepe veritas est dura.
Quote:If you did throw your sword in combat, you'd better hope it was a lethal hit, because, well, you'd then be unarmed, right? Unarmed against a sword is not a good matchup.

you would still have a dagger or perhaps a grosser messer but still, studip really. I'm glad that they didn't hold the bidenhänder as like a chainsaw like they did in the previous version of this commercial. The cutting and slashing all look really cool but IMHO this is not a good sword: length of 140cm and a weight of 3kg - this is really way to heavy for a sword of that length. Futhermore, the pommel looks small which suggests that in terms of balance, this sword is top-heavy which is terrible in handling.
I use a Pavel Marek sword during my Medieval Martial Arts training and that one is also 140cm but with a weight of "only 1.9kg".
gr,
Jeroen Pelgrom
Rules for Posting

I would rather have fire storms of atmospheres than this cruel descent from a thousand years of dreams.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Presents for Real Men-HILARIOUS!! Iulia Cassia Vegetia 4 1,482 07-27-2009, 11:25 AM
Last Post: jsantell
  HERDING CATS: Hilarious Video Iulia Cassia Vegetia 6 1,962 07-28-2008, 10:20 PM
Last Post: Jona Lendering
  Hilarious stage act Tarbicus 6 2,269 07-27-2008, 12:03 PM
Last Post: Octavianvs