Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Question about the Roman \'wedge formation\'
Until we see your theory, we obviously cannot offer any comment upon it. However, you seem to imply that, not only is there no evidence of the tactic being used against Boudica, there is no evidence of its being used by the Romans at all. If this is so, however attractive it may appear, the theory can be no more than speculation and, dare I say it, perhaps something more for the novelist than the historian.
Michael King Macdona

And do as adversaries do in law, -
Strive mightily, but eat and drink as friends.
(The Taming of the Shrew: Act 1, Scene 2)
Quote:Until we see your theory, we obviously cannot offer any comment upon it. However, you seem to imply that, not only is there no evidence of the tactic being used against Boudica, there is no evidence of its being used by the Romans at all. If this is so, however attractive it may appear, the theory can be no more than speculation and, dare I say it, perhaps something more for the novelist than the historian.

It's a logical explanation of the stories told about Boudica. I'll let you guys hear my hypnosis in the near future. I just want to see if someone else comes to the same conclusion.
Didn't the romans wedge them selfs between two forrests or back them selfs into a sort of cove in a forrest. They then aranged in wedge formation. The celts were backed by carts and people pushing the people in front and forced into the wedg and pretty much ended in a mass slaughter with almost no deaths for the romans and complete destruction on the celts. On the documentary (i think i watched the same one) they aranged them selfs in a shark tooth farmation sort of and i thought this was the wedge but very were else it was a single arrow. I think Nathan Ross said they would get fanked or something but i cant really remember but the way the wedged them selfs in the forrest i think had the same effect as the spartans did in 300 and it worked perfectly.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  “Acies quadratum” On the square formation of the Roman army Julian de Vries 12 2,175 09-19-2021, 03:39 PM
Last Post: Hanny
  I need help w/early Roman formation and Marius. Hasdrubal 2 1,604 06-30-2015, 03:57 PM
Last Post: Hasdrubal
  Wedge formation in Ecnomus: myth or reality? eugene 5 2,027 01-11-2009, 01:18 PM
Last Post: caiusbeerquitius