Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The spear of Hattori Hanzo
I am unsure of where to post this but... I am looking for a picture of Hattori Hanzo's spear. It is housed in a monastery (don't know the name) in Japan and I can't find a picture anywhere. I have read about it and I have never seen an Image anywhere of it. I wonder if anyone here might have or know of something,Thanks!
Craig Bellofatto

Going to college for Massage Therapy. So reading alot of Latin TerminologyWink

It is like a finger pointing to the moon. DON\'T concentrate on the finger or you miss all the heavenly glory before you!-Bruce Lee

Train easy; the fight is hard. Train hard; the fight is easy.- Thai Proverb
This site claims to have a photo of Hanzo's favorite spear (yari).

http://bujinkancr.com/index.php?option= ... 2&Itemid=2

Everything I have read places his spear and helmet (kabuto) at Sainen-ji, a temple located in the Shinjuku district of Tokyo.

Is this a photo of the actual spear? I have not been to Tokyo so I can not say -- I will keep looking but there does seem to be a dearth of photos.

:?

Narukami
David Reinke
Burbank CA
That is the most I have ever gotten! Thanks. I hope to one day go there and see it for myself but as of yet I am here. Sainen-Ji sounds familiar; I wish I could remember the book I read about it in. Again, thank you!
Craig Bellofatto

Going to college for Massage Therapy. So reading alot of Latin TerminologyWink

It is like a finger pointing to the moon. DON\'T concentrate on the finger or you miss all the heavenly glory before you!-Bruce Lee

Train easy; the fight is hard. Train hard; the fight is easy.- Thai Proverb