Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Did the Marian reforms contribute to the military landscape?
Did the Marian reforms contribute to the military landscape?

I wort a paper during a Seminar, that examine the influence of the Marian military reforms on Julius Cesare's army .

The conclusion is that a mining full connection was existed between the reforms and the relationship between Cesare and his army.

The paper is in Hebrew, if its in anyone's interest i can translate it to English.

well, anyone?
Hyrcanus / Itay lochshinsky

[Image: judia-capita.jpg]
Hyrcanus et Fratres,

I see a lot of room for discussion here. Not sure of what your paper covers but I would think that it covers command structure and command relationships and perhaps as well,... the ability of a commander to imprint his personal leadership style on the Army ,...or even smaller tactical elements.

I for one would like to see an English or German translation.

Regards from a cool , for now, Scupi Arminius Primus, aka Al
ARMINIVS PRIMVS

MACEDONICA PRIMA

aka ( Al Fuerst)

FESTINA LENTE
I would very much like to see a translation of it for discussion...did it provoke much discussion at the seminar too?
Moi Watson

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, Merlot in one hand, Cigar in the other; body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming "WOO HOO, what a ride!
I for one would be very interested in an English translation on this subject.
Visne partem mei capere? Comminus agamus! * Me semper rogo, Quid faceret Iulius Caesar? * Confidence is a good thing! Overconfidence is too much of a good thing.
[b]Legio XIIII GMV. (Q. Magivs)RMRS Remember Atuatuca! Vengence will be ours!
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Is there a Landscape Archaeologist in the House? Vindex 4 2,070 05-12-2011, 01:17 AM
Last Post: Vindex
  State issued equipment before the Marian reforms? Jesper D 7 2,517 05-08-2009, 07:21 PM
Last Post: Thersites
  Camillus\' Military Reforms Araujo 0 1,597 03-24-2008, 09:00 PM
Last Post: Araujo