Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Please help - where I can buy 2nd Hand Roman Armour/Kit
Hi I am new to the site and I was wondering if someone can help me to point me in the right direction to buy second hand Roman re-enactors Kit/Armour please - Ebay seems to have very little in this.
Any help gratefully appreciated - thank you
Jason
best watch the marketplace on this board. There you can find one of the best overviews of second hand stuff. But, I don't think it will be an easy job, as there doesn't seem to be much second hand stuff available in general.
ALA I BATAVORUM
Be sure you have someone who has researched things review your prospective purchases...there are those on auction sites who will say "Authentic Roman" but those who know will say it's anything but authentic.

What kinds of things are you looking for? Different suppliers listed here often have outdated, scratched, dented, etc. gear at good discounts. Sometimes it can be repaired fairly easily, or other times left with "battle damage" as is. What century are you interested in? Roman military stuff runs from around 700BC to 500+AD, and a lot of things changed during that time/place.
M. Demetrius Abicio
(David Wills)

Saepe veritas est dura.
Thank you to both of you for your replies - greatly appreciated. Apologies for delay in replying, though i have been away with work for a couple of days. I am a 1st Century AD Roman re-enactor and have a fair bit of the kit & always check authenticity with the societies I am a member of, though buying new all the time can be very expensive - especially as both of my daughters have really enjoyed taking part in shows/events & are now civilian re-enactors and kit for all 3 of us gets very pricey and trying to save costs by adding to our supplies with some 2nd hand kit seems to make sense.
You both mention either marketplace & traders on this site, though I am not sure where to look as I am barnd new to this site & will be using it a lot more in the future. Please could you point me in the right direction for finding these?
Many Thanks for your assistance
Jason
Here you go:
[url:1rzp9f0v]http://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat/viewforum.php?f=16[/url]
There seems to be a nice lot of belts plates for sale, right now.
ALA I BATAVORUM
RE:
by jvrjenivs ยป Fri 09 Jul 2010, 11:07

Here you go:
<!-- l <a class="postlink-local" href="http://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat/viewforum.php?f=16">viewforum.php?f=16<!-- l
There seems to be a nice lot of belts plates for sale, right now.

- Many Thanks - Much appreciated
Jason