Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Blackadder
I had never seen this part of Blackadder before: the final scene of the fourth series. It is comedy, and yet it is a beautifully tragic commemoration of the dead. Completely convincing. I think only the British are capable of reaching this quality.

I am deeply impressed. (Here is some related information.)
Jona Lendering
Relevance is the enemy of history
My website
Quote:I had never seen this part of Blackadder before: the final scene of the fourth series. It is comedy, and yet it is a beautifully tragic commemoration of the dead. Completely convincing. I think only the British are capable of reaching this quality.

I am deeply impressed. (Here is some related information.)

Indeed. I remember when I first saw that scene whilst watching the episode with a lot of other students at university. Absolute, stunned silence and a lot of 'dust in the eyes'.
Still has the same effect.

Beautiful.
"Medicus" Matt Bunker

[size=150:1m4mc8o1]WURSTWASSER![/size]
Quote: It is comedy, and yet it is a beautifully tragic commemoration of the dead. Completely convincing. I think only the British are capable of reaching this quality.
To see that and to realise that it came about almost by accident and sheer improvisation, and not out of previous planning or even a storyboard.... I think it's pure art.

After this, they could of course never make another series.
Robert Vermaat
FECTIO Late Romans
THE CAUSE OF WAR MUST BE JUST
(Maurikios-Strategikon, book VIII.2: Maxim 12)
best show ever
"The Kaiser knows the Munsters,
by the Shamrock on their caps,
And the famous Bengal Tiger, ever ready for a scrap,
And all his big battalions, Prussian Guards and grenadiers,
Fear to face the flashing bayonets of the Munster Fusiliers."

Go Bua