Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Olympian, by E.S. Kraay
Has anyone read 'The Olympian' by E.S. (Gene) Kraay?

'The Olympian' tells the story of the battle at Thermopylae through the eyes of an Olympic boxer: Theagenes and the poet: Simonides, a fictional novel depicting historical characters and events of course, however it is nice sometimes to take a break from serious study and to simply be entertained.

Molon Labe!

"The men who once dwelled beneath the crags of Mt Helicon, the broad land of Thespiae now boasts of their courage"
Philiades

"So now I meet my doom. Let me at least sell my life dearly and have a not inglorius end, after some feat of arms that shall come to the ears of generations still unborn"
Hektor, the Iliad
No, but I did read Gates of Fire many years ago.... Smile
Visne partem mei capere? Comminus agamus! * Me semper rogo, Quid faceret Iulius Caesar? * Confidence is a good thing! Overconfidence is too much of a good thing.
[b]Legio XIIII GMV. (Q. Magivs)RMRS Remember Atuatuca! Vengence will be ours!
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel
If you liked 'Gates of Fire' then you would probably enjoy 'The Olympian'.

"The men who once dwelled beneath the crags of Mt Helicon, the broad land of Thespiae now boasts of their courage"
Philiades

"So now I meet my doom. Let me at least sell my life dearly and have a not inglorius end, after some feat of arms that shall come to the ears of generations still unborn"
Hektor, the Iliad
It re-kindled my interest in ancient history and my greek heritage.
I'll look out for this one!
Visne partem mei capere? Comminus agamus! * Me semper rogo, Quid faceret Iulius Caesar? * Confidence is a good thing! Overconfidence is too much of a good thing.
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel
I have pasted the link to 'The Olympian' home page below. The storyline centers around the Olympic games which coincided with the Persian invasion of 480bc.

http://eskraay.com/theolympian/

Philiades

Hektor, the Iliad
Sorry everyone,

I realize this is not a topic relevant to Greek re-enactment & reconstruction, I had just finished reading this book for the third time and was curious to know if anybody else had enjoyed it as much as I.

Philiades

Hektor, the Iliad
Very true... :wink: But I'm sure if you ask the Mods politely, they will shift this to the correct thread.
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel
For those interested 'The Olympian' is now available for the Kindle reader. 8)

Philiades

Hektor, the Iliad