Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Barbarians at the gate
During a dinner in San Geminiano (Tuscany) at the table next to mine there was a distinguished elderly English fellow that was reading "Barbarians at the gate". I noticed this as I started to sit down and thought immediately that at one point during the evening I would have asked him about it. Unfortunately he kept smoking like a turk and he got on mine and my fiancee`s nerve! She kept insisting that I bark at him for annoying us and those near by. But I didn't as I would have lost control and maybe emptyed the full ash tray on his head. So I never asked the old fart!<br>
<br>
I seem to remember someone in this forum read it. What are your impressions?<br>
<br>
<p></p><i></i>
Jeffery Wyss
"Si vos es non secui of solutio tunc vos es secui of preciptate."
The only <i> Barbarians At The Gate</i> with which I'm familiar is about a corporate hostile takeover.<br>
<br>
It was funny...but I doubt that's the book you mean. <p><BR><p align=left><font color=gold><font size=2>
_______________________________<BR>
MILES CASCA TARQVINIVS GEMINVS<BR>
<a href=http://www.legio-ix-hispana.org> LEG IX HSPA COH V CEN VIII CON III </font></font><BR>
<font color=gold><font size=2>
VIRES ET VALOR PRO GLORIA ROMAE<BR>
_______________________________</font></font></p><i></i>
This is all I could find at Amazon.com. Seems to be out of print, and has no description.<br>
<br>
The barbarians at the gates; a novel<br>
by Richard Bankowsky (Author)<br>
Used Price: $4.00<br>
Availability: Seller usually ships in 1-2 business days<br>
ISBN: B00005VHYK<br>
<br>
<p>Richard Campbell, Legio XX.
http://www.geocities.com/richsc53/studies/
ICQ 940236
</p><i></i>
Richard Campbell
Legio XX - Alexandria, Virginia
RAT member #6?
This book is about World War II not ancient Rome & the barbarians. <p></p><i></i>
Was it Barbarians Within the Gates of Rome: A Study of Roman Military Policy and Barbarians, Ca. 375-425 A.D. by Thomas S. Burns? <p>Tim O'Neill / Thiudareiks Flavius
<BR>
<P>
Visit 'Clades Variana' - Home of the Varus Film Project<BR>
Help create the film of Publius Quinctilius Varus' lost legions</p><i></i>
Tim ONeill / Thiudareiks Flavius /Thiudareiks Gunthigg

HISTORY FOR ATHEISTS - New Atheists Getting History Wrong