Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New book on Sarmatians
For those interested in the enemies of Rome, there is a new book from Osprey entitled "The Sarmatians" due out in August. I believe it will be a Men-At-Arms title.<br>
<br>
Osprey books tend to be of variable quality (often quite excellent or real dog rockets), but this one is being written by Mariusz Mielczarek, the author of "Cataphracti and Clibanarii: Studies on the heavy armoured cavalry of the ancient world," a crucial work on the subject, as well as the more recent "The Army of the Bosporan Kingdom," which i have not yet read, though I hear it's also first-rate.<br>
<br>
Gregg <p></p><i></i>
Great. I'll look it up. <p></p><i></i>
Jeffery Wyss
"Si vos es non secui of solutio tunc vos es secui of preciptate."
Could you give me the full reference for his writings on Cataphracti and Clibinarii? I couldn't find it on a book search so I assume it is an article. could you tell me where I could find it?<br>
thanks! <p></p><i></i>
...the Army of the Bosporan Kingdom? thanks again. <p></p><i></i>
Here are the references for the two books by Mariusz Mielczarek:<br>
<br>
Cataphracti and Clibanarii, Studies on the Heavy Armoured Cavalry of the Ancient World. Oficyna Naukowa MS, Lodz, 1993; “Studies on the History of the Ancient and Medieval Art of Warfareâ€ÂÂ
....Gregg,<br>
I requested the cavalry book through interlibrary loan, the Bosporan Army book is not yet available in U.S. <p></p><i></i>
Actually, I believe you can order it from Amazon.com UK. Here's the URL:<br>
<br>
www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obi...93-2470027<br>
<br>
Gregg <p></p><i></i>