Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Inevitable Football Topic
I hope the US can learn to change their tactics. Many countries are set in the way they play and are stubborn to change. Look at England even though the coach is Italian. Always the long ball and hussling to catch up with it.

If the English do this with the Germans it will be tough on them since the Germans will run with the best of them and then some.

As I said, techincally I did not see a real difference between the US and Ghana. The main issue is speed, stamina, and strength which the Ghana players had much more of. Also with the US, Altidore, although a good player, IMO is not a good enough stricker. He is too slow and clumsy. You really need someone quick and nimble like the Ghana stricker Prince.
"You have to laugh at life or else what are you going to laugh at?" (Joseph Rosen)

Paolo
Wow, I thought Italy was the only team not to be present at a match in any substantial form.

I do not know how far Germany will get since if Argentina wins today, then the next match will be Argentina-Germany. Nonetheless, the Germans showed power, speed, technical quality........you name it, all the while being one of the youngest and less experienced teams.

This result goes to the core of the matter which is that the English and Italian Leagues have to really start home growing more of their footballers. There are too many outside players in the upper ranks reducing the number of natives. How do you explain that the top Italy in Serie A has only two Italians and the rest are foreigners? We are basically training players for other countries.

Its good to have people from allover participating in various sporting events in countries around the world BUT if a country has to compete in an international event, they MUST have their own in force.
"You have to laugh at life or else what are you going to laugh at?" (Joseph Rosen)

Paolo
I agree with that. It's not really fair to the players or the country. Do the players in question have citizenship for the country they play for? Or do they have dual-citizenship or retain their original status?
Craig Bellofatto

Going to college for Massage Therapy. So reading alot of Latin TerminologyWink

It is like a finger pointing to the moon. DON\'T concentrate on the finger or you miss all the heavenly glory before you!-Bruce Lee

Train easy; the fight is hard. Train hard; the fight is easy.- Thai Proverb
Please see something interesting:
http://blog.theitjobboard.co.uk/2010/06 ... _id=e10002

Kind regards
Craig,

To my understanding, in the past like the 80's you had to be a born citizen of that country. Now, a person can immigrate to a country and be given citizenship which allows them to play. The Italian player Camoranesi is from Argentina but has been given Italian citizenship. I for one am against this as well. I still like the original rule since this will force a country and its teams to go after Italians. If you allow all this other crap, then teams can bring who they want and make them citizens.

Paolo
That's what I thought. The same thing happens in most American Sports(Football,Basketball,Baseball,etc.) between states that I honestly can not root for my own state in finals and such. I won't even get into the Olympics... :x
The Dallas Cowboys having a guy from New York City seems a little off to me! 8)
Craig Bellofatto

It is like a finger pointing to the moon. DON\'T concentrate on the finger or you miss all the heavenly glory before you!-Bruce Lee

Quote:The England team visited an orphanage in Cape Town today. It's heartbreaking to see their sad little faces with no hope" said Jamal, aged 6". :twisted:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Memmia AKA Joanne Wenlock.
Friends of Letocetum
Quote:
Virilis:2onergg3 Wrote:The England team visited an orphanage in Cape Town today. It's heartbreaking to see their sad little faces with no hope" said Jamal, aged 6". :twisted:

Thanks Memmia :wink: ! After seeing how the brits were mistreated by the judges in their last game I wouldn`t have put this joke here, it was soooooooo wrong :evil: !
Virilis / Jyrki Halme
PHILODOX
[Image: fectio.png]
Jyrki,

Be as it may, although the ref did not count one of the England goals, what about the other three? One extra goal for England would not have changed the outcome of the game. However, one could argue that one goal can have a psychological effect on players enough to disrupt their performance. Even if this is true, players are paid absorbent amounts of money and should overcome all this nonsense and just play. If I went to work and told my superiors that my chemical reactions did not work so I am just going to sit around, I would get fired.

Paolo
Quote:One extra goal for England would not have changed the outcome of the game.
Yup.
Quote:one could argue that one goal can have a psychological effect on players enough to disrupt their performance.
Or the other way round, of course: the Germans becoming really angry and playing even better. Compare Brazil, which plays best when the opponent leads 1-0.
Jona Lendering
Relevance is the enemy of history
My website
Jona,

When Germany was down one man and one goal to Serbia they lost the game although that one man less does make a difference. The same happened when Italy scored the first goal on Germany in the last World Cup. The second Italian goal came shortly after.

I do agree with you that German soccer players have alot of pride and generally would play harder however, they also are not very good at taking dissapointment being who they are which sometimes causes the results as mentioned above.

Paolo
[Image: 81022480.jpg]
Bushido wa watashi no shuukyou de gozaru.

Katte Kabuto no O wo shimeyo!

H.J.Vrielink.
Craig Bellofatto

I live in Amsterdam, close to two pubs with large TV screens, and next to a house with a roof terrace where people are also watching Holland-Brazil. After ten minutes of enthusiastic sounds, there's the Brazilian goal - and there's a tranquility I've never experienced before in my home. Mixed feelings. :roll:
Jona Lendering
My website
Quote:I live in Amsterdam, close to two pubs with large TV screens, and next to a house with a roof terrace where people are also watching Holland-Brazil. After ten minutes of enthusiastic sounds, there's the Brazilian goal - and there's a tranquility I've never experienced before in my home. Mixed feelings. :roll:
Two goals later - the city has come to live again. It is amazing, there must be hundreds of thousands of people who are now watching TV. The only one who is working (writing an article for Ancient Warfare) appears to be yours truly. Someone must keep the economy running.
Jona Lendering
My website

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Your favourite football club Decius 41 8,252 04-15-2008, 06:55 PM
Last Post: Decius
  San Diego Football Hibernicus 4 1,587 04-23-2004, 06:15 PM
Last Post: Hibernicus