Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lex de Imperio Vespasiani and the symbology
We know that Vespasian proclaimed the famous "Lex de Imperio Vespasiani", and an its important concept was that the emperor must not to be impute as divine but as a legal order. Further, Tacitus also says (Annales III, 55) that Vesapsianus imposed a very sobre style of life, as opposed to previous sumptuosus and exepensive times.
After that, the roman community began to change, turning from the luxury of the Claudian era.

So, I'm asking your help to understand how (and if) all that influenced the symbology, the political propaganda, the iconography; for example the images and decorations on gladii sheats or on the coins.

I'm sure something in the symbology has changed, but I'm not able to understand exactly what.
Marco

Civis Romanus Optime Iure Sum
hello.
It is a huge undertaking. One little item is the Carmen Saeculare. Perhaps sang or read as a prayer by children. Moreover, In the timeline… after the big fire and the Jews wars… was there the shift of Rome towards a more Republican view and the return of Hellenistic values?… Ilithyia is after all Greek… and this timeline is not far away from Hadrian’s legions.
In a sort of speculative way I would take the curia and the values taught at the Temple of Artemis and compare them to the Catholic teachings of the curia as it relates to the cult of the Virgin Mary.

Salud.
Drank from the spring flowing today as it did yesterday
Why waist any time with faces of Eris?
The rebirth of Algea happens not in discussions but in rumble… Turning; revolutions.
I inspire myself in the poems of love; loving perfect kisses… incredible kisses
So I leave you with your progeny: Ignavia, Otia and Silentia.
Manuel.