Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cleopatera, the movie
Quote:Just as an aside, if her coin portraits are anywhere near a good likeness, the real Cleopatra was no raving beauty, and in reality it is more likely that "Egypt" and all its fabled wealth was the thing that attracted Caesar and Antony.......
Exactly, Paul. When I read this at one of the sites linked in this thread:
Quote:The film is based upon the novel Queen of The Nile, Cleopatra: A Life written by author Stacy Schiff, who finds Jolie as the perfect fit for the role.
“Physically, she’s the perfect look.”
.... I thought of those coins:

[Image: cleopatra_coin.jpg]

[Image: Cleopatra-Coin.jpg]

[Image: cleopatra_coin.jpg]

[Image: Cleopatra-Coin2.jpg]
--- Marcus F. ---
Not Quite the Movie but we can all appreciate Nat'l Geo stuff
[url:3fnr2kzs]http://events.nationalgeographic.com/events/cleopatra/search-for-cleopatra/[/url]
Craig Bellofatto

Going to college for Massage Therapy. So reading alot of Latin TerminologyWink

It is like a finger pointing to the moon. DON\'T concentrate on the finger or you miss all the heavenly glory before you!-Bruce Lee

Train easy; the fight is hard. Train hard; the fight is easy.- Thai Proverb
Confusedhock: A Cleopatra musical? In the twentieth century? Confusedhock: I thought they had pushed it far enough with a Romeo and Juliet film in the 50s, but this.... this is disgusting. I mean really, who are they going to portray Ceasar as? A rich Italian buisnessman with a europe-wide corperation. And oh! Let me guess? Mark Antony will be the guy he's grooming to suceed him, and Octavian will be a jealous nephew and Brutus will be part of the Mafia, and, and.... Well, my tirade's done. Let's hope that they read the next bit about how I want to rip the guy who came up with the idea into little pieces. :twisted:
Nicholas
I just read the title of this thread, and could not resist to rewrite it in pictures, in an Ancient Egyptian mindset..........

[Image: Cleopatra.jpg]

[Image: mars_rhea_patera.jpg]

[Image: film340.jpg]

:mrgreen:

M.VIB.M.
Bushido wa watashi no shuukyou de gozaru.

Katte Kabuto no O wo shimeyo!

H.J.Vrielink.
Hey-yyy....bling patera! Where is that from? on a slightly OT angle.
Visne partem mei capere? Comminus agamus! * Me semper rogo, Quid faceret Iulius Caesar? * Confidence is a good thing! Overconfidence is too much of a good thing.
[b]Legio XIIII GMV. (Q. Magivs)RMRS Remember Atuatuca! Vengence will be ours!
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel
Roman, second century CE
London, British Museum.
Bushido wa watashi no shuukyou de gozaru.

Katte Kabuto no O wo shimeyo!

H.J.Vrielink.