Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Curragh
Quite a nice Curragh image taken by a client last year on the Fens (UK) this is Pegasus, our other curragh Triton was in pursuit during of of our training exercises!
No other conventional craft negotiate these shallows quite so well - there's little displacement from these vessels, quite handy in shallow, boggy water!
Here they are at Gloucester docks:
Are there any diagrams or plans that you would be willing to share? I have seen these before and I am very interested in making something like it myself if possible.
Craig Bellofatto

Going to college for Massage Therapy. So reading alot of Latin TerminologyWink

It is like a finger pointing to the moon. DON\'T concentrate on the finger or you miss all the heavenly glory before you!-Bruce Lee

Train easy; the fight is hard. Train hard; the fight is easy.- Thai Proverb
Quote:Are there any diagrams or plans that you would be willing to share? I have seen these before and I am very interested in making something like it myself if possible.

sorry we have no plans but this might help?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mATerACYJII
Herodotus mentions such craft 'round like a shield' so they can traverse a variety of periods.

I have spoken to Dan today and he says if you contact him via Britannia's website he'll send you all the data he has

www.durolitum.co.uk
Its an ok looking curragh. There are still people living in galway that could teach them a thing or two. :wink:
"The Kaiser knows the Munsters,
by the Shamrock on their caps,
And the famous Bengal Tiger, ever ready for a scrap,
And all his big battalions, Prussian Guards and grenadiers,
Fear to face the flashing bayonets of the Munster Fusiliers."

Go Bua