Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
About religion...
Quote:The biggest thing helping the spread of the christianity was the readily available infrastructure of the roman empire, divine intervention or not :wink: ...
No, it was the support of the whole machinery of the Roman state. Every other belief in the Roman Empire (Isis-culture, Mithraism) had the same available infrastructure.
Robert Vermaat
FECTIO Late Romans
THE CAUSE OF WAR MUST BE JUST
(Maurikios-Strategikon, book VIII.2: Maxim 12)
I notice here in America that religion is not as stressed as it once was. I am by choice "atheist" but do adhere to codes of conduct. The Ten Commandments is timeless and valid in any society. It doesn't have to be passed down by god to be a good idea. I try to follow the Zen mindset more than anything as understanding is key. There are many Christians that I know that follow a similar structure to my own and still go to church. Information is traveling too rapidly now due to computers and TV. Religion will probably become more personal and not so established in the future and I say it can be a good thing. As long as people still read and learn about their religion that is.
Craig Bellofatto

Going to college for Massage Therapy. So reading alot of Latin TerminologyWink

It is like a finger pointing to the moon. DON\'T concentrate on the finger or you miss all the heavenly glory before you!-Bruce Lee

Train easy; the fight is hard. Train hard; the fight is easy.- Thai Proverb
Good points! It just shows how random thsese things are; we could be as well slaughtering a divine bull for renewing the cosmic cycle or trying to find bodyparts of a god from the levant / egypt. Am I turning into a true existentialist here because all the opinions seem to me equally silly :wink: ...
Virilis / Jyrki Halme
PHILODOX
[Image: fectio.png]